Explore & discover

Helpful Links

How to cancel DIRECTVNow

Highlighted
Tutor

How to cancel DIRECTVNow

I've been hours at the DIRECTVNow site, have gone through the Cancel subscription multiple times then at the final Cancel I keep getting an error message:  31701 : Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please try again later.

This has been going on for weeks.  Please HELP me cancel!

Message 1 of 14
Tutor

Re: How to cancel DIRECTVNow

Suggest logging into your AT&T account, then when the chat option shows up say "cancel service". 

Message 2 of 14
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎07-25-2019 12:42 PM

Actually, just login to your account and go to "Manage Subscriptions". You can cancel from there. Cancel is at the bottom of the screen.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 14
Professor

But the OP says that isn't working for him. Chat is the only other solution.

Message 4 of 14

WARNING!  This self-service procedure may cancel everything except BILLING!!!!

We got the application "successfully cancelled subscription". We got the email acknowledgement of cancellation saying that service would continue until the end of the current billing cycle on 14 July 2019.

Streaming services did end. The user account closed to password access pending reactivation.  But then we got BILLED AGAIN.

Apparently we also successfully cancelled all promotional and bundling discounts as well - since the bill jumped 50%.

With the account closed we cannot navigate AT&T DIrecTV telephone menus to customer service as our phone does NOT match an active account.

AT&T DirecTV sales said "NO there is no one else who can help you if application self-service fails (tone of disbelief)".

Their recommendation was to visit an AT&T store where employees could console us and then happily reactivate our service at the new rate...because "paying your bills on time will save your credit score."

Message 5 of 14

I suggest AT&T billing department scan their database for errors...

specifically accounts with no service which received new billing...and which did not have have termination due to outstanding balances  

That is no reactivation ...yet now have new monthly service billing.

Message 6 of 14
ACE - Expert

Well they want see anything here in this community forum of subscribers only.. They do not monitor these forums.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 14
Professor

@Observation2019 DirecTV NOW has no phone support whatsoever. So that would be a dead end regardless. As we've been saying, online Chat is your only hope of resolving your issue.

Thanks for the warning about the self-service issues. I've actually cancelled several times without issue a few years ago. Good to know this may no longer work.

Message 8 of 14
Tutor

I use chat because you can have it email the transcript to your email account. That allows records of what was committed to. Asking for "cancel service" takes you to the retention department. They are more capable of fixing issues and can restore pricing and service. 

Message 9 of 14
Contributor

I'm also getting the same error message too and its been happening for the past 2 days as well. So what do I do? Do I try to login to At&t account and use the chat to cancel subscription or is there another solution. I know I will get nowhere trying to find a phone number or email to contact someone for DirectTV Now as its a self service app. I need to cancel as I no longer and havent used this app for over a year now. Is the chat the best way to cancel my subscription???

Message 10 of 14
ACE - Expert

Just login to your account and go to "Manage Subscriptions". You can cancel from there. Cancel is on the bottom of the page.

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

I have done the same thing and went into Manage Subscriptions and went to cancel and over and over again I keep getting the same Error message. This has happened several times and keeps happening to me. I dont understand how I'm suppose to cancel my subscription if I keep getting the same error message... Its the exact same message each time saying "31701 : Something went wrong on our end and we are working to fix it. Please try again later."

So what am I suppose to do now. Do I go to the at&t website and when the option comes up go to a live chat and ask to cancel services for my DirectTV Now subscription???

By the way I have been getting this error message each time I try to go and cancel and this has been happening for about a week or so now.

Message 12 of 14
ACE - Expert

Then you will need to contact support using the chat. No one here has access to customer account information. Go to https://www.att.com/support/contact-us/directv-now to discuss with a support rep.

Message 13 of 14
Professor

Turn off ad blocker and try again.

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support