Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Getting the wrong local channels

Getting the wrong local channels

When we signed up we were getting the correct local channels for our zip code, but now we are getting local channels for a different zip code.  How can I switch back to our correct zip code?

Message 1 of 66

My geolocation was all correct. I checked my IP address multiple times, checked with isp, etc. It was all correct. I almost got a static IP but they fixed it before I did. They (DirecTV Now) had to fix it behind the scenes. My guess is you’re in a queue for getting it fixed, but who knows as they won’t tell you that. I really like the service and think you will too if you can hold out.
Message 61 of 66
Tutor

Thank you, HomeBrewski. You've been much more help than the expert and I totally believe this is on "their" side. My IP address and geolocation are also correct. 

Message 62 of 66
Tutor

Wrong. The manager called me straight from....India?  I was on chat several times for several hours. Then got a phone call. But thank you for your snarky/condescending remarks 

Message 63 of 66
Highlighted

You're welcome. Glad to help. *due to being outside more, not do. Lol

Message 64 of 66
Contributor

I had this problem after my power went out. I tried everything and then find out that DirecTV figured your location by using you IP Address. So I powered off my TV and rebooted my modem and router. This resolved my issue with the location!! 

Message 65 of 66
Tutor

Update on the "wrong channel" problem: After multiple chats...resets, etc, it turns out it was a problem on THEIR end. Nothing I could do here. After "escalating" it multiple times...a manager told me it would be fixed soon. And within a month, it was. Just randomly turned it on one day and it worked again. I think the answer is to be persistent about contacting them. So now we have the correct channels again and I'm happy..however, soured on the whole experience. 

Message 66 of 66
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support