Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Directv Now bundled with U-verse Internet will it count towards my U-verse data?

Highlighted
Contributor

Directv Now bundled with U-verse Internet will it count towards my U-verse data?

I have Directv Sat service and U-verse internet currently and get an unlimited data usage on my U-verse for having Directv bundled with it. My question is will this new Directv Now service count towards my data for U-verse? As i can see using Directv Now as a primary TV service would eat up a very healthy cut of data.

Message 1 of 7
Voyager

Re: Directv Now bundled with U-verse Internet will it count towards my U-verse data?

Unfortunately, it will count towards your data. You will now be subject to the 1TB cap if you cancel Directv and go with Directv NOW. If they are not going to offer unlimited by bundling with U-verse internet, they should at least zero rate it, so it won't count towards data, like they do on mobile.

Message 2 of 7
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Reaver089
‎12-02-2016 3:30 PM

Re: Directv Now bundled with U-verse Internet will it count towards my U-verse data?

@Reaver089,

If you’re a DIRECTV NOW and AT&T Mobile Wireless customer, streaming most DIRECTV NOW movies and programs over the AT&T wireless network won't count against your data usage allowance. If you are streaming over your ATT Wireless service, it will not count, but if you are streaming over your Home Internet, it will. Check out more on Data Usage with DIRECTV NOW.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7

I've noticed that my U-verse Internet data usage (for my home) has gone through the roof since I subscribed to DIRECTV Now.

This is a huge problem now that AT&T U-verse has begun "capping" home internet usage at 1TB for the fastest tiers. Last month, we used over 1.5 TB's.

AT&T needs to extend the "free" data for DIRECTV Now's AT&T home internet subscribers or else its adios AT&T for me.

Message 4 of 7

I completely agree.  We just went over our cap that I didn't even know existed.  Previously we had Uverse TV and our Uverse internet so it was unlimited.  Had now idea that when AT&T sold me on DirecTV now that I would lose that unlimited and they'd charge me extra.  The additional charges make the service not worth the money.  Woulda been better off staying with Uverse TV.  I like the DirecTV Now service, but they really have to get this crap straightened out and allow you to bundle your DTVN and Uverse bills.  Having it separate is just a racket.  

Message 5 of 7
Mentor

I believe you can upgrade your Uverse Internet to "unlimited" for $30/month. 

Message 6 of 7
Tutor

If I were able to bundle DirectvNow with Uverse internet without the $30 up charge for unlimited data, I would go with that.  Instead, I'm canceling Directv satellite and Uverse Internet, and going with PlayStation Vue and DSLExtreme.  

Most Uverse Internet customers can get unlimited data by going through a company that re-sells Uverse, and get exactly the same AT&T reliability for a cheaper price.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support