Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Direct TV Now Billing

Highlighted
Contributor

Direct TV Now Billing

My free 7 days of viewing ends on 4/26/19 where my card will be charged on the 26th for monthly service.  The chat rep says I cannot change the payment date or remove auto payment from my account.  Is this true? Does anyone , in the community, have suggestions.  Trying to move payment to the 30th of the month. 

Thank You!

Message 1 of 10
Mentor

Re: Direct TV Now Billing

Only thing I can think of is opt out of the free trial when on day left.  Then sign up again on the 29th.  

Message 2 of 10
Scholar

I would suggest the same as @DoctorA49 .

Make sure you cancel tonight before 7 pm or else your cc will be still be charged, even if your trial runs till tomorrow, the 26th. If I'm correct you can still continue the trial till tomorrow even if you have cancelled already.

And start your service again on the 29th or 30th, to make sure your billing cycle will be the 30th. 

Check with chat which date you should start your service to be billed the 30th.

P.S. For the three/four days without service, you could try a free trial with another service or with DTVN with a new email.

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Master

As far as “remove autopay” - DirecTV Now (like I believe all the streaming services) is autopay only. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
Contributor

They told me the same thing.  I cancelled.  You can't escalate an issue with DirecTV Now, can't change a billing date, they don't have an 800#, a manager call back is a joke.  I convinced it's the same caliber of people calling.  

They don't care about their customers at all.  I'm going to Playstation Vue.  I checked they actually have customer service and an 800#.  O'yeah and I'm going to be saving more money.

Message 5 of 10
ACE - Expert

Good for you @smithrc31 Hope you enjoy your new adventure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 10
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Putpl18
‎04-26-2019 11:41 AM

Good luck. Personally I would never willingly deal with Sony, but that's me.

I have found each of the streaming services has its own quirks, the problem is to find one whose quirks jibe with your personal viewing style.

I don't mind no 800 number, I have never needed one, and the only time I have contacted chat support is to check they are working when someone claims they aren't, and they are always up.

The performance and quality of DTVN seems better to me than most others, in spite of multiple complaints here. I have never seen buffering, the DVR has never lost anything on me, and the apps seem to work well.

I do get most of my VOD from Hulu, mainly because they allow me to purchase it without ads. CBS all-access also offers this option.

No single streaming app gives me everything I want, but I don't mind paying for more than one. I cut the cord to get a better viewing selection, not to save money.

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 10
Contributor

I am highly frustrated all i want to do is talk a real person! I am being charged more for direct tv now which never!!! Works and i have complained about this before. I do not want to be charged anymore for something that never works. I would like to be reimburse for the last two months i have been charged the $26.88 versus The 16.88 i was being charged. 

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Master

The only way to "talk" to a real person is chat support:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?gsi=br3lki

If you get a chatbot, type "agent", "representative" or "human".

Message 9 of 10
ACE - Master

You could cancel and then reup on the date you want to be the payment date.

Can't think of anything else, but if you signed up last month you have no grandfathering to lose.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support