Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Changing package

Highlighted
Contributor

Changing package

If I change my channels or number of devices, do the changes happen immediately or at the next monthly renewal? For example, if I need to add a 3rd device, does it become available when I make the change or do I have to wait for the next billing cycle? Also, is the price pro-rated if the change is made during the month? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: Changing package

Packages should take place immediately. It may require you logging out of your account (not just the streaming service bit your account). I have never changed by package outside of adding premiums but I had to logout for them to take effect. The 3rd stream should be the same way.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by tpkiwi
‎12-31-2018 10:01 AM

Upgrades generally happen immediately and the cost increase is prorated.  (And a logout/login is usually required for the change to be recognized.)  Downgrades happen at the end of the current subscription month (that is, they only effect the next renewal, not the current subscription) and the price change is reflected in the renewal cost.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Contributor

Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Contributor

Thank you

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support