Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Change Payment Due Date

Highlighted
Contributor

Change Payment Due Date

How do I get an Extension or change my payment due date?

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by raajaa
‎10-23-2018 4:33 PM

Re: Change Payment Due Date

You don't. There is no extension since it goes against your CC. You can always cancel and start again later. Remember - no contract.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 17

Thanks

Message 3 of 17
Contributor

I would like to change payment date to the beginning of the month . Is that possible? 

Message 4 of 17
ACE - Expert

The only way is to cancel and signup again on the day you want to start your service.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 17

There's no way to change the payment date. This is predetermined by the billing system at the moment your account was created. I was told that you should get a 16 days period so the system can process the payment. 

Message 6 of 17
Contributor

After reading the other questions/comments - I too wanted to change my billing date to the first of the month, but since I had suspended my service until December I was not given an opportunity to change the date and during the time of suspension - AT&T came aboard with DirectTV - so in order to change the billing date I have to cancel my services and begin on the date I want the billing to start? I wish I had known that previous to this new billing date - this will give me the opportunity to decide whether to continue with DirectTV - and also at the time I suspended my services - my bill was at least $75 cheaper when only DirectTV controlled the services.  I was happy with just DirectTV, not so happy with AT&T....

Message 7 of 17
Professor

This isn't a DirecTV forum. But you can just put your service on hold then restart on your desired billing date.

Message 8 of 17
Contributor

No thank you! Not at this time. ##- Please type your reply above this line
-##
Message 9 of 17
Professor

I don't understand your reply. No thank you for what? I didn't offer anything to you. The last question and answer was about DirecTV. Your original question was about DirecTV NOW, so my answer does not apply to you. But you're welcome, I guess?

Message 10 of 17
Tutor

I also want to change my billing date to the beginning of the month. The home page will not allow me to sign up unless I take a mandatory 7-day free-trial. Does anybody know how to sign up for Directv-NOW without having to take the 7-day free trial?

Message 11 of 17
ACE - Expert

Just use another email address and get another trial.

Message 12 of 17
Contributor

What a complex and "rigged" system to the favor of AT&T and DTV. Sounds like just cancelling both completely would be the best option.

Message 13 of 17
ACE - Expert

@jvjbassman  This is not the DirecTV forum but the internet streaming service forum for DirecTV Now. They are 2 separate services.

Message 14 of 17
Contributor

DirecTV now offers the ability to change your due date, but it’s nearly impossible to do. I can’t find any place to do this online, so I called their 800 number and spoke with a representative who claimed to change my due date, but I never received an email confirmation & the due date never changed.

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support