Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancelling DIRECTV NOW subsciption

Contributor

Cancelling DIRECTV NOW subsciption

Hi, I was in the US from August to December, 2018 and had an ATNT prepaid plan. But now I find that I am charged certain DIRECTV NOW fee on my credit card monthly. I would like to cancel it but could not reach any actual help other than this forum. It seems that my prepaid id and password can't be used on the DIRECTV NOW website. Someone in this forum said I could get online chat help without logging in. Is this true? Can someone show me how to do that? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancelling DIRECTV NOW subsciption

You will need to contact support using the chat. No one here has access to customer account information. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. You do not need to login. Select sign in and password support. Then continue to support. To chat with a live rep just type something like support or help. etc.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Sage

Failing that, cancel the card being charged.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

SharedScreenshot.jpgScreenshotThank you so much for your reply! The problem is that I clicked "contact us", then "DIRECTV NOW", but I saw no "chat" option nor any bubble I could click (the grey message box is not clickable). Attached is my screenshot.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by DIRECTVcancel
‎05-06-2019 9:27 PM

Chat is always available 24/7. It's up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled (not Java). Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It's also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Chat_05042019.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
Contributor

Thank you so much! Turns out it's my AdBlocker's bad. Problem successfully solved and I'm accepting this as the solution. Thank you for your detailed explanation again!

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support