Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Canceling Subscription

Contributor

Canceling Subscription

AT&T is my service provider for internet, phone and cable, months ago we were offered DirectTVnow and we declined the offer. It has been about 6 months since and I come to find out that my card has been getting charged 50.92 every month for a service I did not agree to and therefore have not even used. I have called AT&T and have been told there is nothing they can do and they have redirected me to these forums since there is no phone line I can use to get some support which is ridiculous. I need to cancel this subscription and get a refund for the 6 months of service that I have been charged. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎06-04-2019 9:51 AM

Re: Canceling Subscription

Official support for DirecTV Now is only by chat:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?gsi=br3lki

Nobody here can do anything about your account, chat would be your only option.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thanks for the timely response but I'm still having difficulties, I cannot seem to find the chat on my computer even though I deactivated my ad-blocker. I try to access it through my smartphone and I am able to find the chat icon but when I try to login to access the chat the site does not accept my username or password. I've tried to find my directtvnow username as it says below 

" Your DIRECTV NOW user ID

When you sign in to DIRECTV NOWSM, make sure you enter the user ID that you created when you signed up for your service. This is true for both directvnow.com and the DIRECTV NOW app. If you have any other AT&T user IDs, such as for a wireless or U-verse® TV account, you can’t use those IDs for your DIRECTV NOW account at this time."
and I am given the same username I have already been using to login so my hands are tied. Any advice? 
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

Not just ad blockers. I can get the chat icon without fail using Firefox as long as I do NOT enable "block all known trackers".

There should be (at least there used to be) a login option "login and password help" or something like that, just for folks without working credentials.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support