Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Cancel DIRECTV NOW subscription

Contributor

Cancel DIRECTV NOW subscription

I am trying to cancel my DIRECTV NOW subscription.  Can you please assist me?

Message 1 of 14
ACE - Expert

Re: Cancel subscription

No one here in this forum can cancel your subscription. We are users just like you. You need to login to your account and go to manage my plan and cancel. Only you can cancel.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 14
ACE - Master
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTAlex
‎06-26-2018 8:02 AM

Re: Cancel DIRECTV NOW subscription

Instructions for cancelling DIRECTV NOW are here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 14
Contributor

The link is broken ... there’s an error code on the page ... I’ve neen trying to cancel  my directtv now account for 2 months ... it’s a frustrating circlejerk ... sign in, bumped out, cannot even get to settings & it makes me want to dump ALL THINGS ATT ... it shouldn’t be this difficult to get something done.  You surely don’t have any problem charging my card each month!!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Message 4 of 14
ACE - Expert

Contact support using the chat. You do not need to login to use it. If asked if you are a subscriber just say no. Select contact us below then Select DirecTV Now.

Message 5 of 14
ACE - Master

Yes, they edited my reply recently to move the link from the old Help Center page to their new "eSupport" page, and those appear to be broken in weird ways.  Here is the original link, which still seems to work for me.  The "icon in the upper right" that they refer to is a gear shape.  Note that these instructions are if you are using a browser on a computer.  If you are on a mobile device (phone or tablet) and take the "sign in" link from that page, it takes you directly to the account details page, so you skip step 2.

Message 6 of 14
Contributor

yes i wanted to cancel my direct tv

Message 7 of 14
ACE - Expert

To cancel just login to your account and go to Manage My Pan. Select cancel.

Message 8 of 14
Mentor

Please describe exactly where to find the "Manage my plan" link on the "My Account" page.  No such link appears on that page.

On the "Manage my plan" page (after you can find it, as described in your response) you will find that there is no link to "cancel my plan" or cancel DirecTV NOW.  Please explain in detail, step-by-step, exactly how to proceed from the "Manage my plan"  to "cancel my plan" or cancel DirecTV NOW.

Message 9 of 14
ACE - Expert

It'a at the bottom of the page.

Cancel.JPG

Message 10 of 14
Contributor

You are absolutely right, it should be as simple as it is to sign up, very simple! Or even simpler than it is for them to charge your card account every month!!

I spent 5 hours in one day trying to cancel this only to get locked out. ATT cannot help in canceling the account, yet Directvnow live streams me back to my ATT account when I use the sign in button on Directvnow. Very crooked way to do business. They are raking in millons each month by using this business practice!!!!!

I have called to cancel myself after not using it for months only to have them talk me into it yet again so that I could receive a credit for the unused months. Never let them do auto payments as they now most people seldom look at auto payment billing. Therefore, they repeat billing virtually unnoticed month after month.

I will be canceling my ATT account

Message 11 of 14
Contributor

I was on the phone 3 hours with 2 different ATT reps yesterday after 2 hours of attempting it myself. Still have not accomplished my goal of cancelling this account.

So tell me how you cancel after you are continually sent in circles directly back to your ATT account after hitting the DTVN sign in link,  then locked out of your both ATT and DTV account and an ATT rep cannot even talk to DirecTV to help with resetting id and password to either use or cancel the account, when we sign up through ATT?

Message 12 of 14
ACE - Expert

@myatdtvacc - Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. Select sign-in and password support. Then continue to support. To chat with a live rep just type something like support or help. etc.

Message 13 of 14
ACE - Master

DirecTV Now is a division of ATT, and all the different ATT divisions/services use a common login and account system, so I don’t really see that as “crooked”.  However, the different divisions are still different divisions, so when you say you were on the phone with “ATT” reps, that probably means wireless, so it isn’t entirely surprising that they had problems helping you with a DirecTV Now issue. However, if you actually could log into your ATT account (either using the MyAT&T app or the att.com site), you could get to the DirecTV Now account management pages and cancel from there (same as if you logged into directvnow.com).  If you did manage to get your account locked (which I thought was a transient condition, but perhaps not), then you will have to contact customer service, using the method suggested. 

Message 14 of 14
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support