Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't update payment info

Contributor

Can't update payment info

My debit card was renewed so I need to update my expiration date. When I login and go to the Update Payment Info page, nothing shows up but an "Update" button that does nothing when pressed and a "Cancel" button which takes you back to the home page of your account. No other fields or information is there for me to update. I have tried on multiple devices and browsers including the recommended Safari and Chrome. I need to update this today so my payment will get processed. Any help is much appreciated. I can't find a phone number for phone support and the online chat is virtual so I cannot get a true answer. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: Can't update payment info

You can't find a phone number because there isn't one.

Chat is the only official support platform:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv-now/KM1222548?gsi=ed5mcc

They do use a chatbot when they get busy, if you think you are talking to one, type "representative", "agent" or "human" and you should get a live person.

Always a good idea to keep a transcript of the chat session.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
ACE - Master

There is no phone number, but you can get a live customer service rep by telling the bot “representative” (or probably “person” or “rep”), and they should be able to help. (Eventually, If you stick with the bot long enough, telling it it isn’t helping, it should pass you to a rep on its own, but this is faster - it is the first th8ng I do if I get the bot rather than a person.)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thank you both. I was able to speak with a real person. 

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support