Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Can't update payment info

Contributor

Can't update payment info

So I'm getting the usual error everyone seems to be getting when trying to update their credit card.  The chat is never available.  No one responds on Twitter.  There is no phone number or email address.  I find this crazy that I can't give DirectTV NOW my money.  I got an email from DirectTV NOW saying my account will be cancelled tommorow if I don't update my info.  Guess that is the end of it.  Thanks for not taking my money.

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Edwin37
‎10-18-2018 7:36 PM

Re: Can't update payment info

I just checked the chat. Chat is available 24/7. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9
Contributor

OK...the incognito worked and I was able to chat.  I think that is absolutely a ridiculous fix.  How do you expect less tech savvy people to get that?

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert

I don't expect any thing. Just a average subscriber like you offering what I have learned.  Voice your concern to support.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
Scholar

Why use Chat? No help from them. Always "We will give this the greatest priority" but nothing happens. As soon as this month subscription is up I'm dropping Directv Not.

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

You use the chat because its your only support means rather you like it ot not. No one here can update accounts.

Message 6 of 9
Contributor

I do IT work and can't find how to initiate Chat. No phone number, no chat....what kind of support is this? 

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

Chat is available 24/7. I just verified it is up. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. Also clean cache and cookies (for all dates) and try again. If it fails then try running in incognito mode. The reason you do not see the icon is due to some extension, program, or blocker preventing the icon from appearing. Select "Contact Us" at the bottom of this page - then select "DirecTV NOW" - select "Chat" in middle of screen or a bubble may appear at the bottom of page on the right side. It'a also available on all the "Help Center" pages.

Chat_12172018.JPG

Message 8 of 9
Tutor

@Edwin37 This is pretty frustrating. I have tried various browsers on mobile and laptop, incognito, cleared history, and cleared cache. End users should have the ability to update billing information as outlined on the company website. Providing my payment information in a chat window is just unacceptable to me. This should be evaluated and resolved. 

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support