Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: ATT Uverse data cap and Direct TV

Teacher

ATT Uverse data cap and Direct TV

If streaming via wifi, and I have ATT Uverse for internet service, will streaming via wifi cound toward the 1T data cap? 

Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
Former Employee

Yes, Pablope, at this time, only mobile streaming does not count against your data cap.

Message 2 of 9
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by chasmiller_dtv
‎12-08-2016 10:33 AM

Hey,

We offer sponsored data for streaming DIRECTV NOW from the app on a mobile device or tablet. We hope this helps!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
Teacher

What is "sponsored data"?

Message 4 of 9
Teacher

Just to clarify, using the app on wifi using home internet (att uverse) will not count toward the 1T data cap? 

Message 5 of 9
Community Support

Hello,

You can find information on data usage in this help link for AT&T wireless subscribers with DIRECTV NOW.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pablope

It WILL count! Only using AT&T data won't count.

Message 7 of 9
Contributor

True.  AT&T Uverse Data cap STILL APPLIES to DTV Now content.  For me, this means that anything over 1024GB of usage is billed at $10/50GB.  For reference, DTV Now is using ~25GB-50GB/day with moderate usage.  If AT&T is going to charge for overages while using their app, might as well switch to a faster provider or ditch AT&T / DTV Now alltogether.  There are many comparable TV/Internet bundles out there for under $100 that come with unlimited usage.  I will be making the switch as soon as possible.

Message 8 of 9

Does AT&T have any plans to address this? Seems ridiculous that they wouldn't offer the same "free" streaming for DirecTV Now customers who also subscribe to AT&T home internet (U-verse).

I've been an AT&T customer for 10 years, I will not hesitate to drop them if they don't address this issue quickly.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support