Explore & discover

Helpful Links

$35 GO BIG Introductory Offer ENDS January 9, 2017

ACE - Expert

$35 GO BIG Introductory Offer ENDS January 9, 2017

I just saw saw the $35 promo offer ends soon.

Limited time introductory offer ends January 9, 2017. Customers who enroll after Go Big offer expires will pay min. $60/mo. Must be subscribed to Go Big at offer end date to retain introductory pricing. Offer rate may increase. Channels, features, and terms subject to change & may be discontinued without notice.

Regardless of what you think of the service today, if you think it has potential, "locking" into the $35 price now makes sense. You get 100-ish channels instead of 60-ish channels for the same price. 

While they don't promise it'll be $35 forever, they have announced it's supposed to never jump up to full price. I'm not sure if they'll keep it the same price as the "Live a Little" package or if the "Go Big" package goes up $5, then so will this. Regardless, it's supposed to be a bonus for the early adoptors.

Seems like signing up now and getting a free FireStick makes a little more sense than just signing up for the same price. Although the AppleTV for $105 is a sweet price too.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 49
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACE - Expert
Accepted by Gary L
‎01-10-2017 2:49 PM

Re: $35 GO BIG Introductory Offer ENDS January 9, 2017

FYI, the fact that the offer is now refected on the site. 

If you leave / cancel / change you will lose the $35 Go Big option...

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 5.47.03 PM.png

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 31 of 49
ACE - Expert

$5 HBO or $5 Cinemax

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

@Gary L might as well ask this also... you seen anything $5 HBO or $5 Cinemax price being just a 'promo' or is it a set price? Haven't added either of them to my plan but haven't read or found anything stating it's a 'promo' only price that will go away come 1/9.

Looks like they're still $5!

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 1.00.50 AM.png

Message 32 of 49
Mentor

It seems fine on live streams, but often times when playing any DVR based program, it just freezes, mid screen. Like, I'm out of bandwidth, but- i'm clearly not - it's just some weird buffer bug on directv's end. Not sure if they are having capacity issues, or just functionality issues. But, I can't seem to use it as intended. I just don't sync up with live tv like it's 1950 - and mostly watch now's cloud dvr service - which, is imo - broken currently. 

Message 33 of 49

@Gary L Glad the $5 price is sticking (so far) with the movie channels. I added them before the $35 Go Big package promo price ended so I'm set for a few months. 

Message 34 of 49
ACE - Expert

I've been streaming for 8+ hours today, and while it's possibly hiccuped a time or two (I haven't been paying that much attention) it hasn't locked up and needed intervention to correct anything.

@dlaney35 wrote:

It seems fine on live streams, but often times when playing any DVR based program, it just freezes, mid screen. Like, I'm out of bandwidth, but- i'm clearly not - it's just some weird buffer bug on directv's end. Not sure if they are having capacity issues, or just functionality issues. But, I can't seem to use it as intended. I just don't sync up with live tv like it's 1950 - and mostly watch now's cloud dvr service - which, is imo - broken currently. 

I rarely use the VOD, so I'm not sure if that has changed (haven't touched it lately). From some other threads, I'm thinking it has not, but I'm sure they'll get to it.

Message 35 of 49
Contributor

My son has Playstation Vue for $30 a month and has the Fox Sports channel.  I hope Directv Now ups the lineup offering.  Playstation Vue may be in my future.

Message 36 of 49
Scholar

Live stream improved one day and went to manure another day. VOD left town. Most will play a commercial and then say QP1502. If you're lucky, come back an hour or 2 later and it'll play. They don't have enough bandwidth and they don't have enough caches to support the number of clients. 

Message 37 of 49
ACE - Expert

Mine ran about 10.5 hours today before I shut it down. No errors that required intervention. It may have glitched when I wasn't paying attention, but like I said I didn't need to intervene and swipe or leave the app and come back.

(I touched the remote every so often since I think it shuts down after a few hours [4?] of non-use).

Message 38 of 49

@Gary L Same experience here yesterday and today. While away at work I left my Apple TV on and going and was surprised when I came home last night to see the service still running smooth as ever! Today I did the same, left it streaming all day just to test the reliability and it was great again for a 2nd day without any quits or hiccups or Q errors stopping it from continuously playing.

Message 39 of 49
Scholar

It appears to me like DTVN is starting to get a handle on things my streaming on Apple Tv has had very few glitches over the last few days since the last software update, and when it happens its just a quick stop & go back to streaming without me needing to reboot anything. I also see a number of user's who now say they are getting much better reponses from chat help.

I came to DTVN because of the strong value of the original $35 go big plan, locals are not an issue (I get 38 channels now from a $29 antenna and more will come with tuning) and don't want to pay for them when I can get them for free. I also share passwords with family for the network apps not supported yet, like FoxSportsGo, NBCsn, Discovery, History, etc. (If they allow multiple streams or do not lock you out by IP address I'm good with it & they must be too).

I have been trying to cut the cord and save money for at least 5 years and I finally see it all coming together, saving $40 per month and have more channel and app. options than I have ever had.

Message 40 of 49

@DPisula I agree - been trying many different options for cutting the chord but always have been bummed in the 'live' tv options and limited channel lineup. The $35 Go Big package (for the early takers) seems like it just might be what I was looking for.... not to mention of the 100+ channels there's literally only 5-8 that I needed 🙂

Message 41 of 49
Scholar

It worked from 1pm-3.30pm pacific today without glitches and I was rejoicing, then it started skipping a bit and by 3.45pm, the buffering resumed 😞

Message 42 of 49

@kulflyer For the first time in nearly a week mine buffered and locked a few times today. Had to change the channel a few times and it regained the stream - so nothing major.... but I hadn't had any of these issues since the Apple TV update last week.

Message 43 of 49
Contributor

Same freezing happened this evening. Three to four minutes of buffering.
Message 44 of 49
Scholar

Still skipping for me. Improved a bit but still skipping during prime time and VOD is still abysmal.

Message 45 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support