Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: $35 GO BIG Introductory Offer ENDS January 9, 2017

ACE - Expert

$35 GO BIG Introductory Offer ENDS January 9, 2017

I just saw saw the $35 promo offer ends soon.

Limited time introductory offer ends January 9, 2017. Customers who enroll after Go Big offer expires will pay min. $60/mo. Must be subscribed to Go Big at offer end date to retain introductory pricing. Offer rate may increase. Channels, features, and terms subject to change & may be discontinued without notice.

Regardless of what you think of the service today, if you think it has potential, "locking" into the $35 price now makes sense. You get 100-ish channels instead of 60-ish channels for the same price. 

While they don't promise it'll be $35 forever, they have announced it's supposed to never jump up to full price. I'm not sure if they'll keep it the same price as the "Live a Little" package or if the "Go Big" package goes up $5, then so will this. Regardless, it's supposed to be a bonus for the early adoptors.

Seems like signing up now and getting a free FireStick makes a little more sense than just signing up for the same price. Although the AppleTV for $105 is a sweet price too.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 49
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACE - Expert
Accepted by Gary L
‎01-10-2017 1:27 PM

Re: Limited time $35 introductory offer ends January 9, 2017

I can see this when I go to the choose a new plan page.

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 8.38.54 PM.pnghttps://directvnow.com/accounts/select-plan;flow=update

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 49
Teacher

Hope I don't jinx it but it seems to be playing better. I did move my modem. It still freezes but not as often or long. All I do is switch channels and go back to the one I was watching. I sure hope they work the bugs out.

Message 3 of 49
Scholar

My service has been more reliable too the last few days as well, in spite of the issue's I think Direct TV Now still holds promise! I wonder if the smoothing out of the buffering issue has to do with the likely loss of a bunch of first couple of days subscriber's who got the fire stick and did not like the service? Start up was 11/29/16 as I recall.

Message 4 of 49
ACE - Expert

@DPisula wrote:

My service has been more reliable too the last few days as well, in spite of the issue's I think Direct TV Now still holds promise! I wonder if the smoothing out of the buffering issue has to do with the likely loss of a bunch of first couple of days subscriber's who got the fire stick and did not like the service? Start up was 11/29/16 as I recall.

Nov. 30 but they'd have gotten 30 days plus a week, so no month-long plans have expired yet. I figure it's got more to do with holidays. People are gone or on weird schedules. Or they just gave up.

I demoed it to a friend last night with many disclaimers, and it ran perfect. Although, even if it's perfect, I'll have to decide if I'm going to stay, it was a no brainer to check out since I wanted the AppleTV. They really need a way to get the locals on there, I don't even care if it's local, just so that it's got the major networks...

Message 5 of 49
Scholar

For me thew local channel's are pretty seamless to access (you might want to check your tv settings for easy access) with both my TV's and a flat wall antenna getting 17 station's including all the networks and I like the idea of keeping my data use down a bit. I think it's possible the next move by cable internet & tv providers is to cap data at a level that will make cord cutter's come back due to high internet costs without bundling a cable package.

Message 6 of 49
ACE - Expert

@DPisula wrote:

For me thew local channel's are pretty seamless to access (you might want to check your tv settings for easy access) with both my TV's and a flat wall antenna getting 17 station's including all the networks and I like the idea of keeping my data use down a bit. I think it's possible the next move by cable internet & tv providers is to cap data at a level that will make cord cutter's come back due to high internet costs without bundling a cable package.

I have pretty good reception of my locals. I would just prefer to have them all in the same spot. Preferrably in the same app.

If I've got to go switch my TV input to my TiVo (or antenna) it's just not seemless enough to convince others to switch. If I find it (mildly) inconvienent, I think others would find it even more so; it's a life changing event to get my mom to change from cable to the DVD player...

Message 7 of 49
ACE - Expert

Less than a week for this price point left. IMHO the service has been getting better and I hope it will eventually pretty good (I'm thinking another month or two) because when it runs great for me, it's great. It's obviously fixable.

The question is do you want to be at a $35 price point or a $60 price point? 

It does not take long for $25 a month savings to add up.

Even if you or a friend are just in it for an AppleTV, now is the time to try it.  The AppleTV offer is only through March(?), maybe the same for the Fire Stick too.

Message 8 of 49

@Gary L -- do you know if the $35 is simply $35 per month? I did the pre-pay with 3 months in advance it was $105 with no taxes, extra fees, nada... just like many people have done to take advantage of the Apple TV promo. Just curious, I haven't stumbled across anything on taxes or other 'regional fees' etc. Will the $35 be the total cost each month?

Message 9 of 49
ACE - Expert

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

do you know if the $35 is simply $35 per month? I did the pre-pay with 3 months in advance it was $105 with no taxes, extra fees, nada... just like many people have done to take advantage of the Apple TV promo. Just curious, I haven't stumbled across anything on taxes or other 'regional fees' etc. Will the $35 be the total cost each month?

I think if you didn't pay in the first place that we wouldn't (unless something changes).

It seems like some people did pay taxes when they purchased (from reading the forums).

It might just be certain states at this point (where they have a physical prescence).

Message 10 of 49

Fingers crossed - let's hope nothing changes in the meantime! Would definitely be nice to have such a low bill every month for "cable" tv service 🙂

Message 11 of 49

@Gary L might as well ask this also... you seen anything $5 HBO or $5 Cinemax price being just a 'promo' or is it a set price? Haven't added either of them to my plan but haven't read or found anything stating it's a 'promo' only price that will go away come 1/9.

Message 12 of 49
ACE - Expert

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

you seen anything $5 HBO or $5 Cinemax price being just a 'promo' or is it a set price? Haven't added either of them to my plan but haven't read or found anything stating it's a 'promo' only price that will go away come 1/9.

No I haven't heard that it's going up, but I think it's the best price out there. I think they'll keep it low for a while. 

BUT if you want it, I'd make sure you have it when the price goes up in a few days. JUST IN CASE!

Message 13 of 49

@Gary L Yeah, it's the lowest I've seen around. Just added it to my plan as a 'just in case' it does happen to go up between now and 1/9. Hopefully it's their 'standard' price and at $5 it's a heck of a deal for HBO (not a big Cinemax fan, so can live without it). 

Message 14 of 49
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

@JohnnyDoe wrote:

Just added it to my plan as a 'just in case' it does happen to go up between now and 1/9. Hopefully it's their 'standard' price and at $5 it's a heck of a deal for HBO (not a big Cinemax fan, so can live without it). 

Most of the services (like HBO), I'm not sure why I'd keep year round. I think a rotation scedule would be more practical. Something like one month each of: 

• HBO
  • Showtime 
  • Cinemax
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • Fullscreen
    and then start over. 

Maybe not exactly that, but you get the idea of what I'm saying...

You could even do some overlap, so that you've got some of the services over two different months (2 weeks each) so you can catch the movies that might be there for a limited time.

Message 15 of 49
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Community! It’s Televisionary!

Additional Support