We recognize and honor military, veterans and their families. Get 25% off our best unlimited plans.
The best prices for our Military families
Victoria67/85's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 7:42 PM

How do I sign up the military discount?

How do I sign up for the military discount?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@Victoria67/85 Link below has info on how to signup for military discount. Has links for active duty and veterans. You can alstroemerias go t a ATT corp store with proper ID. 

https://www.att.com/offers/discount-program/military-discount/index.html

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Don't bother....you will never get it. They make it purposely make the process so confusing and difficulty with miss information and empty promises that you will never get a straight answer from anyone. Once they say....everything is good, wait 1 to 2 business cycles and you will see your discount....they lie! When you call back to find out why, someone will tell you that you didn't do something right, or it needs to be in your spouses name, or you are on the wrong plan...or "by the way" your unlimited plan doesn't qualify...on and on until eventually you give up because you are so frustrated and confused that you don't even remember why you called in the first place!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@Twyman Sorry for your troubles and I don’t know why you felt you needed to add your comments to 3 different threads but your experience is not normal. Do not presume everyone goes through what you have experienced, they don’t. If you want help getting your military discount, let us know. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I do have a question about this. 

I've been into a store and provided the proof needed for the discount. My first bill shows my discount and it's labeled as "military" yet I received warning emails about calling 866-482-4608 to verify my eligibility for the discount.

I followed the instructions but they send an email to my AF.mil email which I do not have access to until mid August. 

Am I going to lose the discount after this initial bill? 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@Borrietheblade  These are the Foundation Account Numbers (FAN) for military. The number should be in the upper right hand of your bill

• Air Force FAN/Code: 2421652
  • Army – 2421660
  • Navy – 2421954
  • Marines – 2421958
  • Coast Guard – 2422480
  • Veteran – 4085530

Read more: https://militarybenefits.info/veteran-military-cell-phone-discounts/#ixzz5uq5hr2bQ

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@Fl_retire, I see those numbers on my bill.

My question still stands though. I couldn't "verify" my discount eligibility so will my next bill remove those numbers? 

Or does it mean that by having those FAN numbers in the bill I have, in fact, qualified and been verified to keep the discount? 

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@Borrietheblade  When you have the FAN on your bill, you are receiving the military discount. You will keep the discount even when you leave the military.   The discount for the shared data plan is 15% and the new unlimited plan is 25%. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

That's what I was looking for. 

Thank you @Fl_retire. I'll just delete those emails then.

Have a great weekend 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

You should try again , they helped me and it is there for you, you may have been involved with the wrong person. It does work

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Wrong his experience is exactly what happens and I hope he puts it on every thread he can find. I am a 100% disabled combat veteran and I was told by your peons that I do you to quit whining about getting your military discount that’s a direct quote and I have it recorded. I’ve been trying to get my bundle package for over six months now since the very first day I left T-Mobile which was the biggest mistake I ever made my life and signed up with AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.