Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Military discount

Highlighted

Military discount

AT&T took away our military discount because we chose an unlimited plan.  We were not told this would be the case.  Also, the unlimited plan is a joke because after 22 it slows down to a crawl.  

Message 1 of 17
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by Gary L
‎07-04-2018 9:12 PM

Re: Military discount

1.  The 22 gig slow down is in the published information.  It is also only during congestion.  This is not throttling.

2.  You are eligible for military discount, not sure why it dropped off.  You can re add at an ATT store with military ID 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 17

Rep said our plan was not eligible. Which one of you is correct?
Message 3 of 17
ACE - Professor

@Deniedarmy  The only discount for the unlimited plans are for military (active duty/veterans)

@lizdance40 is correct on the military discount. ATT employee may have looking at this on the signature program and unlimited plans. No discount for the unlimited plans except the military. Have the store pull up the military info. 

https://www.att.com/signatureprog/

https://www.att.com/offers/discount-program/military-discount/index.html

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 17
ACE - Expert

Verizon recently increased their military discount on unlimited plans. Hopefully ATT will soon follow suit.

Message 5 of 17

Do we get the military discount or not?
Message 6 of 17

Looking at their plan now.
Message 7 of 17
ACE - Expert

@Deniedarmy wrote:
Do we get the military discount or not?

Yes, the ATT rep was wrong, @lizdance40 and @Fl_retire are right. The military discount does apply to either unlimited plan.

Message 8 of 17
ACE - Sage

@sandblaster

Verizon’s discount on unlimited is scaled interesting.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/employee-discount-validation-faqs/

Still 15% on other account types.  None on prepaid

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Message 9 of 17

Just called AT&T and talked to a “supervisor”. She said the loyalty discount was the military discount. Anybody who has the plan gets a loyalty discount. I hate being lied to but it seems they all walk the corporate line. Bottom line is there is nothing on the bill listed as military discount.
Message 10 of 17
ACE - Expert

@Deniedarmy I’ve never heard of a loyalty discount, so perhaps you are getting it, it may just be labeled wrong. How much is the discount, is it 15%? If it really is some other discount, they don’t allow multiple discounts other than the autopay discount, you only get one. 

Message 11 of 17
ACE - Professor

@Deniedarmy  If you look at your bill in the upper right hand side you should see a Foundation Account Number (FAN).  I have 04085530 which indicates a veteran.  If you do not see the FAN they it has not been applied to your account.  In the Monthly Charges area of your bill you should see a line item for Discount for Unlimited Plans.

Below is a list of the military FANs.

Air Force – 2421652

Army – 2421660

Coast Guard - 2422480

Marine Corp – 2421958

Navy – 2421954

Veteran – 4085530

Message 12 of 17

Thank you!
Message 13 of 17
Tutor

You will never figure out which answer is correct because I have been told two different answers on the same day and I have been trying for two years to get my military discount. They don't care and purposefully make it as confusing as possible! The only thing worse than not honoring our military family...is to lie to them! "Thank you, AT&T for your services!" - NOT

Message 14 of 17
ACE - Sage

@Twyman wrote:

You will never figure out which answer is correct because I have been told two different answers on the same day and I have been trying for two years to get my military discount. They don't care and purposefully make it as confusing as possible! The only thing worse than not honoring our military family...is to lie to them! "Thank you, AT&T for your services!" - NOT

Since it’s working fine for others, what are you NOT doing?  Have you taken your proof to a company store?

yes?   No?   What?  

Military discount doesn’t apply to prepaid (no employee or similar discounts do)

The unlimited and more plan allows 25% off the full plan, data plan and line fees.  Other plans allow 15% off data plan only.  

Message 15 of 17
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support