Why can't I edit my own posts?

Highlighted
Employee

Why can't I edit my own posts?

Robot Mad

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 5 (3,340 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Why can't I edit my own posts?

Hi aBenjamin, did you see my reply when you asked this question in the other thread?

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 2 of 5 (3,335 Views)
Employee

Thanks for the reply, sorry I missed your other post. Will this be changing ever? I have a thread I'd like to update and keep up to date... doesn't seem to be a way to do that. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (3,330 Views)
Expert
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

[ Edited ]

aBenjamin wrote:

Thanks for the reply, sorry I missed your other post. Will this be changing ever? I have a thread I'd like to update and keep up to date... doesn't seem to be a way to do that. 

You only have a certain amount of time to edit your posts..I believe it is one hour. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 4 of 5 (3,313 Views)
Accepted by jamileh (Former Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Dcookie is correct.

In order to maintain the consistent flow of conversation within threads, there is a 60 minute window during which members can edit their posts.  This should be sufficient time to correct grammatical or spelling errors and also insert additional content if needed.

With a longer editing time, there is the potential that messages could be altered to such a degree that the topic flow within the thread would no longer make sense.

If you have a special need, please feel free to contact any moderator via PM.

I hope that answers your question!

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Message 5 of 5 (3,303 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.