Where did my signature line go?

Master

Where did my signature line go?

[ Edited ]

Okay before the recent forum changes I had signature line that was added to each post. After the change I have lost the signature for every post I create in my computer. The mobile one is there when I view the forum on my phone for all my posts. I can see the options for a mobile signature in My Settings.  The main one is gone. Do I not have enough posts to have a signature?  It was there before. Smiley Sad

Another thing when I view any of my mobile posts from a computer, why does it say "Posted from HTC Glacier"?  I had never heard of an HTC Glacier that I had to Google it.  I am not posting from a HTC Glacier (T-Mobile My Touch something), but a different android phone on a different carrier. Smiley Sad

Example:

http://forums.att.com/t5/HTC/HTC-Aria-Contact-photo/m-p/2698379#M133856

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10 (1,509 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Where did my signature line go?

[ Edited ]

Hi Ann154,

Your current rank is "Junior Player".

You can see the ranks here.  To get a custom signature you need to be at least a "Junior Guru".

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 2 of 10 (1,495 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

I see they FINALLY added the permissions users are given to the ranking list. It wasn't there before when the rankings were changed the last time.

That still doesn't answer the "Posted from HTC Glacier" issue.  What is with that?

Message 3 of 10 (1,477 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:

That still doesn't answer the "Posted from HTC Glacier" issue.  What is with that?

It must just be the way the Forum is recognizing the device you are posting your replies from. I, too, have never heard of an "HTC Glacier". I think reading on your Verizon Forum account, you are using an HTC Droid Incredible/Eris?

You are not the only one with this "issue", though. I have seen other posters with that device name when they post from their mobile phones. One is using an HTC Inspire, the other is an EVO 4G. So that is quite weird...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 4 of 10 (1,473 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Yeah, I have noticed a user here with a HTC EVO have the same "posted from..." message too.
Message 5 of 10 (1,471 Views)
Scholar

My first time back here since 2005, I have a signature, but it needs an upgrade, HOW??

Message 6 of 10 (931 Views)
Community Manager

Hi bamp,

I replied again to your private message m I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 10 (891 Views)
Scholar

I found this page in a search for how to make a signature line in my profile.

The link to what the ranks are gave me a 'forbidden' page.  

The 'solution' was a private message to the person asking the question.  So I wasted my time searching for 'signature line'  to find out if I can have one, or, why not.  Is this some big secret or am i just too stupid to use this site? Please answer me in public if you answer at all.  maybe someone else out there would also like to know too, perhaps the profile page when we are signed could just say in plain sight what the deal is here?  I've never had so many weird problems on a forum.  Perfectly normal threads are hidden from sight which can only be found doing an external search, so I wanted to make a simple signature line to show up wherever I post, and find out if you will go ahead and bury me too.  

At least by switching browsers to get here I can now see that what is blocking me is a certificate, which my other browser couldn't show me, so maybe my tablet just can't play nice with this site.

Message 8 of 10 (600 Views)
Community Manager

Hello @little birdy 

At this time we make the signature available only to ACE rank users and forums admins and moderators. One possible solution is you could use is create a macro with what you'd like to be in your sig and use it to quickly add it to your posts. Please let me know if you have any questions about that.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 10 (538 Views)
Scholar

Thank you.  As I said I am forbidden from seeing the ranks page, not that I think I'll ever gain enough rank to have a signature, it takes SEVERAL MINUTES every time I try to press a button to even log in, I do most of my browsing without logging in.  

This website hates me, I sure wish you'd make it normal again, regardless of permission levels.

I should just quit torturing myself by coming here, but its awfully interesting reading, and I don't mean that in a good way.   I mainly want to see what I have to watch out for, for instance I knew better than to mail my phone to atnt for warranty replacement, thanks to reading all about it here first.  I know never to buy a phone from atnt on payments, i know not to bother waiting for them to carry the passport however I try to pop in to help spread the word about BlackBerry, only to find the posts I have been reading and posting in do not appear in a search of the word BlackBerry, they are magically made invisible to atnt's search engine.  oh and I know about apps eating up data which I experienced prior to ditching my LG for BlackBerry, and am at least grateful don't have to deal with that.

When do I have enough posts to name my own title?  I should be renamed Rantor and Raver, but that could apply to anyone who is an atnt customer.

Spellcheck kept changing my name to Rantor and Tavern, maybe it's telling me where I need to go... Where do I need to go?  Back to a happy place ; )

But you know I would like to see atnt change, so THIS place can also be a happy place.  I guess I got a little Off-Topic here.

Message 10 of 10 (496 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.