Helpful Links

New IPhone 7.

Contributor

New IPhone 7.

My daughter is currently on my data plan. Can I purchase her a new IPhone 7? Just the phone and no data plan? And if so shouldn't the new phone be less expensive w/o the accompanying data plan?
Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: New IPhone 7.

The only way to use any smartphone on ATT without a data plan is on prepaid. If you have postpaid service, a smartphone must have a data plan. If you have a shared data plan and your daughter is already on it, you are covered.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
ACE - Expert

But yes you can go just buy a phone.  

When paying full price, go to Apple or Best Buy and buy the unlocked, or Verizon version.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Contributor

So if I walk in and say "I need an IPhone 7 w/o a data plan there should be no problem?
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Don't say anything about a data plan. If you are wanting the iPhone to replace your daughter's current phone, just say that.

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

Thank you for all the responses.
Message 6 of 7

If you put her on a smart phone and she doesnt have a data plan it will add one unless she is on prepaid.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support