Helpful Links

Data Free Streaming through AT&T Wireless Home Base

Data Free Streaming through AT&T Wireless Home Base

Is it possible to stream DirecTV Now or U-verse TV data free through the AT&T Wireless Home Phone and Internet (ZTE) device? The router is providing phone and internet service at my vacation home. I have U-verse TV at home.

I would like to be able to stream data free through the Homebase to my Apple TV if possible, without tying up my iPhone.

Thanks
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Data Free Streaming through AT&T Wireless Home Base

Currently that is not an option.  

The only way to stream data free is with the mobile apps on tablets or smartphones.  

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you lizdance.

Is it possible to stream DirecTV Now or U-verse TV data free if using an AT&T Wireless Mobile Hotspot?

Is the data free streaming feature of DirecTV Now limited to tablets and smartphones?

Thanks
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I was at my second home for a month ( MI) with a new homebase. I was able to stream Netflix, CNN, and DIRECTV content. No stuttering, highest res. I noticed while looking at my bill yesterday some of the direct tv content did not affect my charges.... since that was not my objective I did not pay much attention. 

I remember that i tried to access my direct tv DVR ( in CO) and that would not work.

So, there was some free streaming yes, I'll look deeper next time.

Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support