Helpful Links

Customer Service of Yes Men!?

Tutor

Customer Service of Yes Men!?

I have recently encountered the following issues while speaking on the phone with AT&T customer service:

1. Told by customer service that an order would be canceled--the order was not canceled, thus I received two wearables and returned one, two weeks ago.  I'm still waiting for it to be returned by AT&T and be refunded.

2.  Told by customer service representative that a phone number change fee waiver would be annotated on my account.  I just called a week later it was not on my account.

3.  I have used the chat and phone customer service several times and during these experiences I am constantly trying to be up-sold on other AT&T products such as Direct TV.

I do understand customer service representatives may work on commision however, it doesn't help the customer feel any better when they are trying to be sold products prior to even resolving their issue(s) which prompted them to call or chat with a representative.

Customer service representatives should not be pushed, so hard to make sales that it turns them into "yes men."  I understand that a customer service representative should be polite and assist the customer however, it totally takes the word service out of customer service when customers are told "yes" and "I can help you with that" when the customer later finds out the issue is still not resolved.  The polite, helpful, and listening approach comes across as disingenuous at that point.

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Customer Service of Yes Men!?

I have been trying for 6 months to change my service and promised credits, it never happened.  The customer service is all overseas, they don't help.  I will be finding a new provider.

Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Customer Service of Yes Men!?

@tcolder.  I call 611 during business hours and always get a US support person.  If you call after 10 pm, you get a non us call center.

@beth3927.  Did you ever contact ATT by message through the forum as I suggested? (2 months ago)  It looks like you did not....  You might want to check you old posts.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are customers too, NOT employees. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support