Helpful Links

AT&T Stole my iphone 6

AT&T Stole my iphone 6

Hi everyone,

I partook in the iphone6 for iphone7 trade-in deal (up to $650).  To spare you a long story, it was a huge hassle (and my new iphone 7 was stolen from my doorstep when I finally received in because they sent a $750 phone out without a signature request).  After I finally got my new (replacement) iphone 7 two weeks later, I confirmed with the customer service reps over the phone multiple times that I should take my phone to the nearest corporate store to turn in my old iphone 6.  They said this was the best way to do it.  So I did.

And I waited, and I waited, and I waited.  No credits.

I called once, they said I hadn't waited long enough.

I called last week, and they said that my phone was received at the store, I didn't take any money, but I wasn't included in the promo deal.  So the rep said she is opening a stat case.

I call back today, 10 days later, and the rep says there was no case, and they can't confirm my iphone 6 was received, and I need to go to the store and have them open a case. He says I should have sent it in.  They say they can't just send me my old phone back because there is no way to do that.

???????

AT&T has stolen my iphone 6 and is charging me for an iphone 7 on a payment plan that I'd rather not have.  How is this legal??  You can't take someone's property under agreement of paying them for it and just not pay and not return the property!  THAT IS THEFT!!

Anyone else have a similar story?  I'd like to open a case with an attorney or BBB.

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: AT&T Stole my iphone 6

They stole my phone too! [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support