Explore & discover

Helpful Links

why is the Admin Fee increase $0.5 per mobile line?

Contributor

why is the Admin Fee increase $0.5 per mobile line?

In the latest April bill I'm seeing an increase of $0.5 in Administrative Fee on each of the ten lines in our mobile family plan. Is everyone else seeing the same increase? Is this justified / has ATT ever announced or explained the fee increase? Has anyone had successful experience asking for a bill correction? Thanks.

Message 1 of 36
Tutor

Re: why is the Admin Fee increase $0.5 per mobile line?

In addition, autopay now happens 6 days after the billing period closes, instead of 2 days before the payment is due. I predict most people will just go along with this. But I will cancel my autopay and set a reminder to pay the bill ON THE DUE DATE rather than give AT&T my money for all the additional time. You know what that early payment will mean to them, across all the accounts that have autopay. BIG BUCKS.

Can't wait to switch to another provider. Between all of this nickel-and-dimeing, and their TERRIBLE overseas/out of country service, this long-time AT&T customer is ready to move on.

Message 16 of 36
ACE - Master

@wastacia wrote:

In addition, autopay now happens 6 days after the billing period closes, instead of 2 days before the payment is due. I predict most people will just go along with this. But I will cancel my autopay and set a reminder to pay the bill ON THE DUE DATE rather than give AT&T my money for all the additional time. You know what that early payment will mean to them, across all the accounts that have autopay. BIG BUCKS.

Can't wait to switch to another provider. Between all of this nickel-and-dimeing, and their TERRIBLE overseas/out of country service, this long-time AT&T customer is ready to move on.

The due date change only affects autopay using a credit card. Autopay from a debit card or checking account is no different. 

As far as I'm aware, AT&T doesn't offer service in other countries (except maybe Mexico), so your anger there might be misdirected. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 36
Tutor

It's a petty change, even if it only applies to one of the payment options. It creates more income for AT&T at the expense of building customer goodwill and retaining loyal customers. My mortgage company doesn't say "If you sign up for autopay, your mortgage payment will now be made on the 1st of the month instead of on the DUE DATE." Seriously.

And yes, AT&T does provide coverage in other countries. It just charges an arm and a leg for it, unlike T-Mobile and Verizon. And it's a pain in the neck to set up "special" coverage. Other services just automatically switch to their international plan, and sometimes it's the same cost. 

Message 18 of 36
ACE - Sage

@wastacia

ATT is paying a 1.5% to 2.5% fee on those credit card payments.  They are trying to cut that expense.  Since it’s not costing me a thing, I refuse to change my payment method.  

Note all the plans that allow auto pay discount EXCLUDE credit card payment 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 19 of 36
Contributor

The increase in administrative service charge is to help offset the payments  [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 20 of 36
Tutor

Administrative fee going up 260% in 6 months seems steep.   $0.76/line on Jan-feb and Feb-march bill...   Then $1.26 on March-Apr and Apr-May bill, now $1.99 on May-June bill.

Message 21 of 36
Tutor

Administrative fee going up 260% in 6 months seems steep.  

$0.76/line on Jan-feb and Feb-march bill

$1.26/line on March-Apr and Apr-May bill

$1.99 on May-June bill.

Message 22 of 36
Contributor

it will probably be $4.99 by the end of the year

Message 23 of 36
ACE - Master

@butundo wrote:

it will probably be $4.99 by the end of the year

That seems unlikely. Verizon is $1.99 and they are usually pretty much in sync price-wise.

Message 24 of 36
Tutor

The increase was $0.5 only in April and since then it grew again by $0.73 which brings the total increase in "administrative fee" from $0.76 to $1.99 = 162% increase in administrative fees per line!!! This is totally outrageous!!!! SHAME ON YOU AT&T.

Message 25 of 36
Tutor

Hello AT&T!!!

Where are you in this discussion? No comment on the increase in these fees? twice in 3 months? 160% increase and you're quiet. Got nothing to say to all these disgruntled / angry/ frustrated customers? 

Message 26 of 36
ACE - Master

@BeaZea wrote:

Hello AT&T!!!

Where are you in this discussion? No comment on the increase in these fees? twice in 3 months? 160% increase and you're quiet. Got nothing to say to all these disgruntled / angry/ frustrated customers? 

This is a customer-populated forum; AT&T doesn't enter discussion here. 

The only comment AT&T will make is this: https://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/additionalcharges/index.jsp?_requestid=28888

Message 27 of 36
Contributor

This is just a price increase. What bull****. They want to offset the cost of their cell towers? How about all their other costs? Their "surcharges and fees" are just a way of advertising a lower price than they actually charge, and a way to raise prices without saying they are doing so. What a rip off. AT&T should be ashamed of themselves.

Message 28 of 36
ACE - Expert

Verizon charges the same fee.

Message 29 of 36
Tutor

Does that make it right?
Message 30 of 36
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support