For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
cindyben's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 6:12 AM

why is the Admin Fee increase $0.5 per mobile line?

In the latest April bill I'm seeing an increase of $0.5 in Administrative Fee on each of the ten lines in our mobile family plan. Is everyone else seeing the same increase? Is this justified / has ATT ever announced or explained the fee increase? Has anyone had successful experience asking for a bill correction? Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The Admin fee is a AT&T charge.  How can AT&T legally categorize this any other way?

I was guaranteed a fixed price for the contract period.  This unannounced admin fee increase now increased my bill by over $2.50 when you consider the tax adjustment due to the admin fee increase.

Can AT&T legally do this?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@larry66 wrote:

The Admin fee is a AT&T charge.  How can AT&T legally categorize this any other way?

I was guaranteed a fixed price for the contract period.  This unannounced admin fee increase now increased my bill by over $2.50 when you consider the tax adjustment due to the admin fee increase.

Yes. It's highly unlikely you have a contract. 99.9999% of users' contracts expired long ago and AT&T no longer offers them. As such, AT&T can changes pricing as it sees fit.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@larry66 wrote:

You do NOT have a service contract.  Carriers no longer offer them.  The only ‘contract’ you have is the finance agreement on your phone purchase.

Even when there were contracts, taxes and fees were not part of the contract.  

READ your TOS.  https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement-list.html

Section 1.3

1.3 Can AT&T Change My Terms And Rates?

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.

If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@larry66 wrote:

I was guaranteed a fixed price for the contract period. 

When and where did that happen???

Why can't the raise prices?

Your cable/internet/electricity/water/gas change prices, why can't your cellular plan?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@larry66 wrote:

Yes, they can. For one, you are almost certainly not on a service contract since ATT ended those over 2 years ago. If you were on a contract, there still was no price guarantee and if you were on a contract, they would just let you out of that contract with to termination fees. Yes, it’s a price increase, no doubt about that but totally allowed per the wireless agreement that you, I and everyone else agreed to. You have two options, pay the increased admin fee or take your business elsewhere.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.