For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
cindyben's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, April 10th, 2018 6:12 AM

why is the Admin Fee increase $0.5 per mobile line?

In the latest April bill I'm seeing an increase of $0.5 in Administrative Fee on each of the ten lines in our mobile family plan. Is everyone else seeing the same increase? Is this justified / has ATT ever announced or explained the fee increase? Has anyone had successful experience asking for a bill correction? Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So you are saying that instead of taking money from the regular service charge for our cell bill to pay for your overhead you've invented a seperate charge (admin fees) to offset your cost of doing business? Lets say you have 200,000,000  devices out there, that 50 cent increase makes at&t  increase their revenues by $100,000,000 a month and a massive amount of 1.2 Billion a year. What a deal! 

but if you look at the whole $1.26 it's a staggering $250,000,000 a month and  $3,000,000,000 a year. 

What a fee and another way to market your service making it look less than what really is per month.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So you are saying that instead of taking money from the regular service charge for our cell bill to pay for your overhead you've invented a seperate charge (admin fees) to offset your cost of doing business? Lets say you have 200,000,000  devices out there, that 50 cent increase makes at&t  increase their revenues by $100,000,000 a month and a massive amount of 1.2 Billion a year. What a deal! 

but if you look at the whole $1.26 it's a staggering $250,000,000 a month and  $3,000,000,000 a year. 

What a fee and another way to market your service making it look less than what really is per month.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@rlmay47 wrote:

@rlmay47

the admin fee has been around for over 5 years all the carriers have it in some way shape or form...  ATT does not even have 200 million customers....  119 million are hit with this fee according to the numbers posted on the P&L statement. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Att is now raising the administrative fee AGAIN beginning June 8th 2018 to $1.99 per line. Found it on my latest statement.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

In addition, autopay now happens 6 days after the billing period closes, instead of 2 days before the payment is due. I predict most people will just go along with this. But I will cancel my autopay and set a reminder to pay the bill ON THE DUE DATE rather than give AT&T my money for all the additional time. You know what that early payment will mean to them, across all the accounts that have autopay. BIG BUCKS.

Can't wait to switch to another provider. Between all of this nickel-and-dimeing, and their TERRIBLE overseas/out of country service, this long-time AT&T customer is ready to move on.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@wastacia wrote:

In addition, autopay now happens 6 days after the billing period closes, instead of 2 days before the payment is due. I predict most people will just go along with this. But I will cancel my autopay and set a reminder to pay the bill ON THE DUE DATE rather than give AT&T my money for all the additional time. You know what that early payment will mean to them, across all the accounts that have autopay. BIG BUCKS.

Can't wait to switch to another provider. Between all of this nickel-and-dimeing, and their TERRIBLE overseas/out of country service, this long-time AT&T customer is ready to move on.

The due date change only affects autopay using a credit card. Autopay from a debit card or checking account is no different. 

As far as I'm aware, AT&T doesn't offer service in other countries (except maybe Mexico), so your anger there might be misdirected. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

It's a petty change, even if it only applies to one of the payment options. It creates more income for AT&T at the expense of building customer goodwill and retaining loyal customers. My mortgage company doesn't say "If you sign up for autopay, your mortgage payment will now be made on the 1st of the month instead of on the DUE DATE." Seriously.

And yes, AT&T does provide coverage in other countries. It just charges an arm and a leg for it, unlike T-Mobile and Verizon. And it's a pain in the neck to set up "special" coverage. Other services just automatically switch to their international plan, and sometimes it's the same cost. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@wastacia

ATT is paying a 1.5% to 2.5% fee on those credit card payments.  They are trying to cut that expense.  Since it’s not costing me a thing, I refuse to change my payment method.  

Note all the plans that allow auto pay discount EXCLUDE credit card payment 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

The increase in administrative service charge is to help offset the payments  [Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Administrative fee going up 260% in 6 months seems steep.   $0.76/line on Jan-feb and Feb-march bill...   Then $1.26 on March-Apr and Apr-May bill, now $1.99 on May-June bill.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.