For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ollleg's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, July 31st, 2019 12:43 AM

where my money and my iPhone

I still can not comprehend the logic of your actions, dear company AT&T. on July 24 you took from my credit card $333 as a downpayment for a new iPhone, which was to be solemnly handed to me on July 25, as repeatedly assured me letters and messages. You did not give me the phone for unknown reasons, and my money continues to hang on my account in your company. Given my extremely difficult financial situation and the vital need for a phone, I have to disturb a little bit the serene lethargic sleep of your Finance Department and ask again, what is going on

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

1.   It would help if you would stick to the facts and explain what your problem is without flourish.  

2.  How on earth can you claim a phone was stolen while you were sleeping in a locked hotel room?  

3. AppleCare+ is not related to At&t or any carrier, it’s YOUR private insurance.   Any replacement phone comes from the insurance company.   At&t has nothing to do with it.  

4.  Buried in your post is a statement from AppleCare+ reguarding your Apple insurance replacement     

“After a thorough investigation of your claim for a lost Apple iPhone XR 128GB Black, we've come to the conclusion that the reported loss is not covered by your AppleCare with Theft and Loss* program.
Under the provision Lost and Stolen Coverage, your claim was not covered. Here's why:
·..Find My iPhone must be switched on prior to the device being lost or stolen»”

Since the phone wasn’t activated yet, and find my iPhone wasn’t on, you are out of luck.  AppleCare+ with loss and theft REQUIRES find my iPhone to be on or they will not replace a stolen phone.  

https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone/

F4C0C594-3CAB-4F58-A9B0-469E90A5A751.jpeg

5.   If you still owe AT&T for installments on the phone, you still had to pay, even though you lost 2 phones and have nothing to show for it.  You signed a loan agreement that you would pay for the phone.  Neither theft changes your debt.  

Now, do you have any QUESTIONS?  

Please do not write another long post, keep it SIMPLE.

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Your post makes no sense.  At&t does not have a ‘finance department ‘

You never state what the problem is.  What is it?

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have no idea about the structures working under the roof of this brand and their exact names. Whether it is accounting or Department of pragmatic mathematics, and can Countably multiplying chamber. Who cares how this structure is called, even from my clumsy text in very bad English (pardon me for that) apparently what was going on. If I were to say, for example, that the ocean tides on planet Earth are caused by the gravitational impact of its natural satellite, would you be able to guess for yourself what it is about the moon? {keep it courteous} You have no questions and comments on the essence of my post, except the wrong name of the structure responsible for the calculation and billing of customers? Feel free to ask me for details and I will answer.  This work is not worse than any other, but requires professionalism and a certain kind of abilities. Just the same abilities and skills should be those guys from the insurance company working for Apple that write refusals. I lost my iPhone as a result of a street robbery, and a couple of days later, almost immediately after receiving a parcel with a restored iPhone that AT&T sent me in return for the taken, I stole it. I will not describe the range of my emotions. But to believe that such is happening with me in reality I was able not immediately. As luck clearly ceased to throw my way even fleeting views, but God has declared open season on Oleg [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.], I received the most comprehensive insurance and in Apple and AT&T. I Think these helped? Following the guy who knocked me down with a blow to the head and ran away with my iPhone, about the same thing Apple did with the hands of her chain dog named Assistant. But they should hire intelligent writers for refusal notices, with elementary skills of virtuoso casuistry and innate abilities to send clients gracefully to the ssa. Because the answer I received containing the following text, which is a disaster and incompetent slapstick:
 "After a thorough investigation of your claim for a lost Apple iPhone XR 128GB Black, we've come to the conclusion that the reported loss is not covered by your AppleCare with Theft and Loss* program.
Under the provision Lost and Stolen Coverage, your claim was not covered. Here's why:
·..Find My iPhone must be switched on prior to the device being lost or stolen»
I can see a group of highly gifted investigators and operatives trying to piece together a detailed chronology of this insured event. They can't sleep nights, they forgot how to look at the faces of their children when they stole straighten them dressed, they don't remember the smell of their husbands and wives because they're doing some incredibly complex "thorough investigation". Guys, I couldn't wait to get my iPhone home and in the evening I took buses to the industrial district of San Francisco, where I was looking for a long distance FedEx and took the parcel almost before closing, and then returned to downtown for a long time and decided to spend the night in the hotel room with my friend, because For me, setting up a new iPhone is a real ceremonial, does not tolerate fuss and mistakes. I could no longer turn on and off any functions, and postponed the recovery of the iPhone from iCloud in the morning, and then only could turn on the function to Find the iPhone. But I woke up without an iPhone. It was stolen while I was sleeping. There could be an infinite number of possible scenarios after receiving the parcel, but in my dimension everything went according to the worst scenario possible. If not to consider variants with Armageddon or Apocalypses. But at least Apple sent this ridiculous answer. And insurers operating on AT&T and such replies are not sent. I would have bought a new iPhone a long time ago and forgotten about all these four giant business structures as a bad dream. But all this was necessary for the period of change of work, financial problems connected with it and I had no chance for such simple exit. Besides, I'm all alone in a new country. I am a political immigrant from Russia who had to run to you to survive, I do not have a single close person able to help within a radius of several thousand kilometers (now it is difficult to translate it into miles) to Call and discuss on the phone, I just can not. My English is really very broken, and when I talk on the phone and in addition worry, the Insurance for the torture of their minds and ears should pay my interlocutors and not me

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

1. God gave people free will. Corporations also have this divine bonus. We can't choose our home and parents, but the Mature guys from Apple and AT&T chose the insurance companies themselves, not by a court verdict or a command from above.
2. You called me a liar and a crook, as I understand from your skeptical remark about stealing my phone from the hotel room. I'm sorry that not brought to your attention all the nuances that night and sorry that is not going to do that now. The circumstances of the theft are set out in my statement to the police and this information is available to the above companies and their insurance partners.
3. My answer to your answer to my answer... (and so in a circle) do not make sense, because you just do your job, and I discuss with the person whose only task is to prove the groundlessness of any claims to his employer.
4. I will get out of this situation and I will be ashamed to remember these public complaints and my naivety. Therefore, I will allow myself not to answer you in the future and consider this senseless discussion over. Now, let's follow your wise advice and just keep a smile on our serene faces. Especially as for me it is the only way out of this situation. Good luck. My big smile is about to tear to shreds my happy face

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Ollleg     This is a community forum not AT&T - see the big letters at the top ⬆️    Not my job! 

I don’t know if it is the language gap, or are you just refusing to understand that Apple is the one you took out your insurance with, and they refuse your claim because you did not activate the phone and turn on find my iPhone. I included the link so that you would understand apple care plus with theft and loss.

Your problem has nothing to do with At&t.  

AT&T’s only involvement is that you signed an agreement to pay for a phone, and still must pay for it even though you do not have it anymore. 

This discussion is only ‘senseless’ because you don’t understand it’s content.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@Ollleg wrote:

1. God gave people free will. Corporations also have this divine bonus. We can't choose our home and parents, but the Mature guys from Apple and AT&T chose the insurance companies themselves, not by a court verdict or a command from above.

Incorrect. Apple care+  is your choice.  AT&T does not use apple care+, they use a Asurion.  

2. You called me a liar and a crook, as I understand from your skeptical remark about stealing my phone from the hotel room. I'm sorry that not brought to your attention all the nuances that night and sorry that is not going to do that now. The circumstances of the theft are set out in my statement to the police and this information is available to the above companies and their insurance partners.

I question the story of having a phone stolen from a locked hotel room while you were in it.  It means you let the thief into your room.  
3. My answer to your answer to my answer... (and so in a circle) do not make sense, because you just do your job, and I discuss with the person whose only task is to prove the groundlessness of any claims to his employer.

This is not Apple or At&t.  It’s a community forum.  We are experience CUSTOMERS.
4. I will get out of this situation and I will be ashamed to remember these public complaints and my naivety. Therefore, I will allow myself not to answer you in the future and consider this senseless discussion over. Now, let's follow your wise advice and just keep a smile on our serene faces. Especially as for me it is the only way out of this situation. Good luck. My big smile is about to tear to shreds my happy face

You haven’t understood a single thing Apple or I have written have you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.