Need help understanding your bill?
patriciaohara's profile

Mentor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 14th, 2017 11:26 PM

Closed

where can I write a review of ATT?

I'm writing this in hopes of dissuading anyone considering a switch from WHATEVER company they are using, to ATT.  We just received our first bill, which generated some questions and the experience led us to believe we made a terrible decision to use ATT.  There was a phone number on the account with a charge of $60.  Didn't recognize the number and called the "800" number....mistake.  Some bimbo got on the phone, giggling at someone in the background and, laughing, asked how she could help me. I read the info off the bill and she asked for a passcode.  When I told her I was looking for it, since my wife opened the account, the Bimbo seemed annoyed. I retrieved it, gave it to her and initially she said, "that's not the right code."  I repeated it, there was silence, and she finally came back on and said, "that is the passcode. How can I help you?"  I asked her what the mysterious phone number was and the charge. She answered, "let me check on that."  That was the last I heard from her for 20 minutes so I hung up.  I then went to the ATT store several miles away and the clerk explained, after looking at my bill, it was the tablet my wife uses.  I then asked about the two activation fees on the bill.  He quickly explained one was for the tablet...$45....and one was for the phone....$25.  $70 no one mentioned.  On the bottom of the service agreement, in VERY fine print, it read, "activation subject to activation fee."  NO mention of the amount. Then the best....I asked about discounts. She said I could be eligible for the military discount, as I am retired.  She said it was 10%....of the $30 basic monthly charge.....$3!!!!  I'm only interested at this point of finding some way out of this but I also want to warn people, as I'm doing with family and friends....there IS NO customer service of a competent nature at ATT.  Please....don't use them.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

@patriciaohara  The military discount is 15%. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

7 years ago

@patriciaohara wrote:

I'm writing this in hopes of dissuading anyone considering a switch from WHATEVER company they are using, to ATT.  We just received our first bill, which generated some questions and the experience led us to believe we made a terrible decision to use ATT.  There was a phone number on the account with a charge of $60.  Didn't recognize the number and called the "800" number....mistake.  Some bimbo got on the phone, giggling at someone in the background and, laughing, asked how she could help me. I read the info off the bill and she asked for a passcode.  When I told her I was looking for it, since my wife opened the account, the Bimbo seemed annoyed. I retrieved it, gave it to her and initially she said, "that's not the right code."  I repeated it, there was silence, and she finally came back on and said, "that is the passcode. How can I help you?"  I asked her what the mysterious phone number was and the charge. She answered, "let me check on that."  That was the last I heard from her for 20 minutes so I hung up.  I then went to the ATT store several miles away and the clerk explained, after looking at my bill, it was the tablet my wife uses.  I then asked about the two activation fees on the bill.  He quickly explained one was for the tablet...$45....and one was for the phone....$25.  $70 no one mentioned.  On the bottom of the service agreement, in VERY fine print, it read, "activation subject to activation fee."  NO mention of the amount. Then the best....I asked about discounts. She said I could be eligible for the military discount, as I am retired.  She said it was 10%....of the $30 basic monthly charge.....$3!!!!  I'm only interested at this point of finding some way out of this but I also want to warn people, as I'm doing with family and friends....there IS NO customer service of a competent nature at ATT.  Please....don't use them.

You should have been told about the activation fees. However, those are one-time charges; hardly a reason to choose a service provider. 

You shouldn't have been left on hold for 20 minutes. However, if you're someone that calls a professional a "bimbo" and gets upset that someone would have the nerve to laugh, I can't say I'd be excited to talk to you either. 

What "basic plan" do you have that is $30? What did tell you did not get the military discount on?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

The only $30 basic plan is 1GB Mobile Share Advantage. I can already imagine the OP's next complaint.

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

I have been with at&t for about 15yrs now..

It used to be great. Maybe the best. Now it seems to me like thy became the worse. Thy should be getting an award winning for be the worst in the U.S... I get Drop calls all the time.  No service at work . (N.Y.C).  And there customer service are 90 percent overseas in the Philippine or India. Thy are absolutely no help .half of them don't speak English or dont understand what you're saying. Keep you on hold hoping that you would hang up. And if you dont. Thy do. Waste of time being a customer to this Company. .. I my self is going to start shopping to be with a new company. ... AT&T at this POINT DON'T VALUE THERE CUSTOMERS AT ALL. with that being said. Go to AT&T AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@Bulldog77  I’ve never reached a non English speaking person or been hung up on.  I have hung up on them when it’s apparent they don’t understand my question, but that’s another issue

Mentor

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

Like I said

Like I said ....  you can say all you want that you don't work for AT&T. The way you answered me is like you do work for  AT&T..

AS I Said... ATT does not honor their customers anymore AT&T used to be the best maybe they sold their company to someone else or maybe it just got over their head. But as I said customer service horrible. 90% of them overseas and don't understand English well. And when you do ask for an American associate or customer service they tell you to hang up and try to call again and guess what, you will get one of them again. It's very stressful when your customer and trying to call them to get things done and they don't understand you. This person who wrote back to me actually took the time out of their time to tell me they never have problems with AT&T .wow you stop doing everything you were doing to say that .I don't think so you must work for AT&T. On top of that you're asking me to 

....  you can say all you want that you don't work for AT&T. The way you answered me is like you do work for  AT&T..

AS I Said... ATT does not honor their customers anymore AT&T used to be the best maybe they sold their company to someone else or maybe it just got over their head. But as I said customer service is horrible 90% of them overseas and understand English well. And when you do ask for an American associate or customer service they tell you to hang up and try to call again and guess what, you will get one of them again. It's very stressful when your customer and trying to call them to get things done and they don't understand you. This person who wrote back to me actually took the time out of their time to tell me they never have problems with AT&T .wow you stop doing everything you were doing to say that .I don't think so you must work for AT&T. On top of that you're asking me to delete what I wrote because you're such a customer who is  so concerned. .. I've been having dropped calls in New York City for the past 6 months every time I call they say they're working on a tower it's going to be fixed in 2 days it's been 6 months and they haven't fixed anything and every week I call they still working on it it's going to be fixed in 2 days.... and as DirectTV customer service is another joke

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Not sure how the size of the print means anything when the details of all new activations are still there, in writing. It's there in writing that activation fees apply to any new activation. It's there in the agreement and any and all paperwork that the end user must sign before any new service can begin.

In fact, this is standard practice across the industry. Other carriers will charge activation fees for new lines and upgrades. I understand the frustration and certainly agree the rep who sold you devices should have said this but on the flip side the written terms are always presented to everyone before any line is sold and activated.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I also faced worst experience with customer service representative and their respond on my problem.

Here is the problem:

1)i disabled international calling facility from my mobile ..So I shouldn't be payable if any international calls what AT&T changes if they disabled.But AT &T changed me 500$ international calling.When they called they said third party software enabled the international block.Shame that how poor security software of AT&T and they said its the user responsibility to pay.I don't have any option left now apart from paying 500$.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

6 years ago

@chaitanya321 wrote:

I also faced worst experience with customer service representative and their respond on my problem.

Here is the problem:

1)i disabled international calling facility from my mobile ..So I shouldn't be payable if any international calls what AT&T changes if they disabled.But AT &T changed me 500$ international calling.When they called they said third party software enabled the international block.Shame that how poor security software of AT&T and they said its the user responsibility to pay.I don't have any option left now apart from paying 500$.

Did you make international calls? Wasn't the fact that they were being completed a sign?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Firstly Why international going out even At&t disabled my international
calls.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.