Need help understanding your bill?
joekos's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 6:40 PM

unlimited plan

I have a phone with the unlimited data plan.  I saw in the FAQs that we shouldn't get a warning of reaching a slower speed until i reach 75% of 22GB (16GB), but i get warnings when i get to 75% of 5GB (4GB).   Is there something different about my account than other unlimited data plan accounts?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

@joekos wrote:

I have a phone with the unlimited data plan.  I saw in the FAQs that we shouldn't get a warning of reaching a slower speed until i reach 75% of 22GB (16GB), but i get warnings when i get to 75% of 5GB (4GB).   Is there something different about my account than other unlimited data plan accounts?

I am unfamiliar with any unlimited data plan that uses a 22GB threshhold.  If you are on the grandfathered "smartphone unlimited data plan", the threshhold for what used to be throttling, and now is lower prioritization of data, is set at 5GB.  This would correspond closely with what you are seeing as 4GB is actually 80% of 5GB.  Perhaps you could direct us to where you found the FAQ that references 22GB we could look to see what you are referring to.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

The slow down is at 5 GBS, so you should get a message at 3.75 GBS 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 @GeekBoy

The op is correct its 22GB but may take 1 billing cycle to change the text messages....

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the update.  Things change so fast.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Things Change so fast? Is this really an acceptable answer? Although, I understand the sincerity within the previous statement. I  have no new information. Again please note , I do appreciate the service provided. Please,  I would be eager to discuss this further @ your earliest convenience.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@kbounds09 wrote:

@ Things Change so fast? Is this really an acceptable answer? Although, I understand the sincerity within the previous statement. I  have no new information. Again please note , I do appreciate the service provided. Please,  I would be eager to discuss this further @ your earliest convenience.

Discuss what?  This is a 2 year old thread.  It’s completely out dated as the grandfathered Unlimited plan has been replaced twice since this thread.  The terms of use can be read online.  

This thread marks the month ATT increased the threshold and stopped throttling in favor of reprioritization.  It was done without announcements and was a surprise to most of us.  

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

based from the article,

the new unlimited has a cap of 22gb, if there's a congestion on the area it may slow down, but if not,still the normal speed.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@graeco   The unlimited plan is not capped, as the Mobile Share value plan is.   It’s a threshold after which a customer may experience slow data.  

It may seem like a picky distinction, but it’s a very different process.

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

oh sorry wrong used of terms. lol

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.