Need help understanding your bill?
cdorman3's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 1st, 2012 1:11 AM

suspended service

I am so done with at&t...  Services are suspended and no help from customer service.   My direct deposit got messed up and didnt go into my account so of course at&t was not understanding when my payment arrangement got broke.  shut my phones off and very rude...  I am going to go through Verizon free iphone 4 and service is way cheaper.  I have been with at&t for 8 yrs and they could care less about customers!!  Before this issue I never missed my payment arrangements and wasn't getting service suspended.  I guess its time for a fresh start with another provider.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

The guidelines for payment arrangements can be found here http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB101595#fbid=vHiROW4c98R

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Most customers got a change in bill date.  Mine was moved 6 days earlier.  However, this was only to give all customers the same number of days to pay.   It had no effect on the dates of service or the reset of your data.

If you requested your due date be moved back to the 17th, you would get a prorated bill for 6 days service, which would be about $100, as you wrote.

You need to review the customer agreement as you are in breach of the agreement. You may dispute any charge, in writing if necessary, but you must keep your bill current at all times.  Paying a charge you have disputed in writing does not mean you accept the charge as valid.

You wrote you didn't use the data.  $180 in overage is about 12 GBS of overage and hard to miss.  With multiple devices, you can check each one and see which used the data.  

Smartphones all have a meter to count data used.  With the way data is recorded, you would have to prove you didn't use data to convince ATT to change the bill.

Most of the time ATT is correct.  In very rare cases it is a faulty phone, running up large use, but that isn't ATT's fault or responsibility.

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Bpaul15 -

If your service has been suspended for non payment, you will have to pay off the full balance before your service can be restored. After paying the balance, it may take up to 2 hours for services to be restored. It can't be paid little by little at that point.

Sorry!

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

No. To reinstate service you must pay the entire amount due.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@cdorman3 wrote:

I am so done with at&t...  Services are suspended and no help from customer service.   My direct deposit got messed up and didnt go into my account so of course at&t was not understanding when my payment arrangement got broke.  shut my phones off and very rude...  I am going to go through Verizon free iphone 4 and service is way cheaper.  I have been with at&t for 8 yrs and they could care less about customers!!  Before this issue I never missed my payment arrangements and wasn't getting service suspended.  I guess its time for a fresh start with another provider.

you might want to double check, suspect you are still liable for any cancelation fees such as etf's and the such. suspect you will also be required to put a security deposit down

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

11 years ago

a payment arrangement set for a certain date means that they will suspend the service on the next day if the payment isn't received.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

@ATTJulieCS wrote:

The guidelines for payment arrangements can be found here http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB101595#fbid=vHiROW4c98R

Unfortunately that link leads to the info posted below.

How rate plan changes affect your bill

When you switch to a new rate plan that is backdated or begins in mid-cycle, your bill will be affected. How it is affected depends on whether you are billed in advance or arrears. We have provided links below which will allow you to view an example of how your next bill might look.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm not done with AT&T (yet) but I think today's experience may of of general interest. This morning I discovered that my iPhone showed "No Service." As an AT&T support center in nearby, I took the phone there to see what was wrong. They determined that it wasn't the SIM card and told me that only Apple could solve the problem. I made an appointment to bring the phone into the local Apple store in the evening and then called AT&T customer care where I learned that my account, my wife's account and my iPad account all had been canceled. Of course I had taken no such action. On reflection, I recalled that I had canceled one of my land lines earllier in the week, so it appeared that the AT&T representative had cacelled my wireless accounts as well. She sounded very careful during the time we were speaking so it may be some complexity in AT&T's  line canceling methodology. In any event, the representative I spoke to today, Niclole, helpfully restored my service--and I canceled my appointment with Apple's genius bar. Too bad AT&T Customer Service falls a little short on this score.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

My service was suspended on the day that my monthly bill was due, November 11th.  I have never, ever been late with my payment.  However, I have refused to pay the disputed charges of $180.00 of over data usage(they adjusted it to $90.00); but I did not use the excess data at all.  Secondly, without making me aware, my billing cycle was changed a couple of months ago from the bill being due on the 11th of the month and data usage started over on the 17th of the month to the 7th of the month and data usages starting over on the 21st of the month.  After complaining, my monthly bill was moved back to the 11th of the month, but AT&T has yet to restore my data usage starting over on the 17th of the month.  Meanwhile, during the switch of the monthly bill, 3 days of wireless usage, they billed me approx. $107.00 puls $5.00 late fee.  Although I have continued to pay my monthly billed services while deducting the disputed amount each month and the attached late fee that AT&T has continued to apply; AT&T onI  the date that my bill was due(November 11th) SUSPENDED my service.  I have stayed on the phone with them for 2 to 3 hours at a time on four occasion trying to resolve this.  I suspect that although I pay nearly $500 a month for wireless service and I am one of those customers who was grandfather in with unlimited data; AT&T is attempting to drop me as a customer instead of resolving the issue.  I am requesting that a Senior Level Manager from AT&T contact me at *** as soon as possible.  Cannot call because phone has no service.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How do I return my phone and iPad back to AT&T; since they suspended my services, I have NO need for the phone and iPad.  Since it's on the Next Plan, I have paid for the months they were Active...AT&T suspended the service, so they have have their product back.  I do not intend to pay another penny to AT&T after being with them 8 years and never a late payment.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.