For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
cdorman3's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 1st, 2012 1:11 AM

suspended service

I am so done with at&t...  Services are suspended and no help from customer service.   My direct deposit got messed up and didnt go into my account so of course at&t was not understanding when my payment arrangement got broke.  shut my phones off and very rude...  I am going to go through Verizon free iphone 4 and service is way cheaper.  I have been with at&t for 8 yrs and they could care less about customers!!  Before this issue I never missed my payment arrangements and wasn't getting service suspended.  I guess its time for a fresh start with another provider.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

You bought them and own them.  You can buy a prepaid SIM card for the phones and use them on GoPhone. 

The system is computerized. Without making payment arraignments and having an over due amount, the computer suspends service.

For the sake of your credit, work something out with ATT.  Contact @ATTMobilityCare by private message and see if they can help you.  It may take up to 2 days to get a message back.  

Send a letter to dispute charges to:

IF YOU DISPUTE ANY CHARGES ON YOUR BILL, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN WRITING AT AT&T BILL DISPUTE, 1025 LENOX PARK, ATLANTA, GA 30319 WITHIN 100 DAYS OF THE DATE OF THE BILL OR YOU’LL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL AND TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY LEGAL ACTION RAISING SUCH DISPUTE.

If if you have any other questions about data use and management I would be happy to help.  I wrote a blog post on this forum which has a lot of general information .

https://forums.att.com/t5/Community-Blog/Data-Management-Cause-for-gray-hair-hair-pulling-and-stress/ba-p/4323575

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

My services have been suspended because I had set up a late payment last month to pay the rest of that bill this month and the money I was going to use to pay it didn't come that day but is tomorrow but now not only is that past due my next bill that was posted is now past due as well. Will I have to pay that part of last months and the next bill that is past due before my services are reconnected?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

@Rayosun Okay. Do you think if I called and explained to them what happened they would let me go ahead and pay the $223 that I was going to pay and the rest later. Because I can't pay a $620 bill. I work for an ATT Cor store part time and I'm in nursing school. I've just never came across this before so I'm trying to find the best solution.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

8 years ago

Bpaul15 -

I would say definitely give Customer Care a call so that they can transfer you to the billing department and work on a resolution.

You can also send a PM to ATTCustomerCare here on the forums explaining the situation. Keep in mind this route may take 1-3 business days for a response but they are really excellent at what they do.

That is a mighty huge bill so they might be able to work with you in arranging paying that over time. 🙂 However , keep in mind there is no guarantee and you might have to pay the full balance.

All the best!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you so much @Rayosun for all your help! I appreciate it I will try that!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I know the feeling. In December I purchased a "BOGO" (Buy one get one free) ... Let me just tell you,.... NOTHING is free....I've been paying on that "Free" phone since December 2015... I have spent countless hours on the phone with them regarding my bill, the "free phone", etc. etc. and i have lost so much money at work... $40/hr and they could care less that it has affected me like this. My bill goes up each and every month and every single time I think that the problem has been resolved and they are going to take the charges off of my account, I see that they just add them to the next months bill. I had a payment arrangement due and when I went to the store to make the payment, they had closed 13 minutes early so when i called the next day to try to make the payment, they had already shut off my ALL of my phones (7 lines)... I FINALLy got through to someone,made the payment and they turned my phone on for 2 days and then shut them all down again. They claim I owe them $1600 dollars. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I don't know what the heck to do. I have all these phones and they are telling me that it's going to cost me over $4,000 to get out of my contract!

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

My wireless service is suspended. I have 2 iPhones on my account and both are suspended. Can I pay to have only one phone reinstated?

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

6 years ago

Was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How long after bill is paid does it take for service to be turned back on?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I already try to speak to that department and the rep was rude and hang up on me when I was still asking question. Just because this is a prepaid service they believe they can be rude. Whether you like it or not. Please they are other provider that will be happy to take your business.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.