suspended service

Tutor

suspended service

I am so done with at&t...  Services are suspended and no help from customer service.   My direct deposit got messed up and didnt go into my account so of course at&t was not understanding when my payment arrangement got broke.  shut my phones off and very rude...  I am going to go through Verizon free iphone 4 and service is way cheaper.  I have been with at&t for 8 yrs and they could care less about customers!!  Before this issue I never missed my payment arrangements and wasn't getting service suspended.  I guess its time for a fresh start with another provider.

Message 1 of 7 (7,146 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: suspended service

cdorman3 wrote:

I am so done with at&t...  Services are suspended and no help from customer service.   My direct deposit got messed up and didnt go into my account so of course at&t was not understanding when my payment arrangement got broke.  shut my phones off and very rude...  I am going to go through Verizon free iphone 4 and service is way cheaper.  I have been with at&t for 8 yrs and they could care less about customers!!  Before this issue I never missed my payment arrangements and wasn't getting service suspended.  I guess its time for a fresh start with another provider.

you might want to double check, suspect you are still liable for any cancelation fees such as etf's and the such. suspect you will also be required to put a security deposit down

Message 2 of 7 (7,120 Views)

a payment arrangement set for a certain date means that they will suspend the service on the next day if the payment isn't received.

Software development
Mobile software development
WiFi security
Graphic design
3D animation
Message 3 of 7 (6,960 Views)
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Payment Arrangements/suspended service

[ Edited ]

The guidelines for payment arrangements can be found here http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB101595#fbid=vHiROW4c98R

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (6,857 Views)
Expert

Re: Payment Arrangements/suspended service

ATTJulieCS wrote:

The guidelines for payment arrangements can be found here http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB101595#fbid=vHiROW4c98R

Unfortunately that link leads to the info posted below.

How rate plan changes affect your bill

When you switch to a new rate plan that is backdated or begins in mid-cycle, your bill will be affected. How it is affected depends on whether you are billed in advance or arrears. We have provided links below which will allow you to view an example of how your next bill might look.

Message 5 of 7 (6,843 Views)
Contributor

I'm not done with AT&T (yet) but I think today's experience may of of general interest. This morning I discovered that my iPhone showed "No Service." As an AT&T support center in nearby, I took the phone there to see what was wrong. They determined that it wasn't the SIM card and told me that only Apple could solve the problem. I made an appointment to bring the phone into the local Apple store in the evening and then called AT&T customer care where I learned that my account, my wife's account and my iPad account all had been canceled. Of course I had taken no such action. On reflection, I recalled that I had canceled one of my land lines earllier in the week, so it appeared that the AT&T representative had cacelled my wireless accounts as well. She sounded very careful during the time we were speaking so it may be some complexity in AT&T's  line canceling methodology. In any event, the representative I spoke to today, Niclole, helpfully restored my service--and I canceled my appointment with Apple's genius bar. Too bad AT&T Customer Service falls a little short on this score.

Message 6 of 7 (1,841 Views)
Contributor

I know the feeling. In December I purchased a "BOGO" (Buy one get one free) ... Let me just tell you,.... NOTHING is free....I've been paying on that "Free" phone since December 2015... I have spent countless hours on the phone with them regarding my bill, the "free phone", etc. etc. and i have lost so much money at work... $40/hr and they could care less that it has affected me like this. My bill goes up each and every month and every single time I think that the problem has been resolved and they are going to take the charges off of my account, I see that they just add them to the next months bill. I had a payment arrangement due and when I went to the store to make the payment, they had closed 13 minutes early so when i called the next day to try to make the payment, they had already shut off my ALL of my phones (7 lines)... I FINALLy got through to someone,made the payment and they turned my phone on for 2 days and then shut them all down again. They claim I owe them $1600 dollars. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I don't know what the heck to do. I have all these phones and they are telling me that it's going to cost me over $4,000 to get out of my contract!

Message 7 of 7 (101 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.