scam $9.99 per month

scam $9.99 per month

I was scamed $9.99 every month from last month.This was owed by a trash text.I don't know what should I do for this mistake.Can you help me?

Tags (1)
1,582 Views
Message 1 of 11
Expert

Re: scam $9.99 per month


haodapeng2011 wrote:

I was scamed $9.99 every month from last month.This was owed by a trash text.I don't know what should I do for this mistake.Can you help me?



call customer service, explain it to them and them place a purchase block on your phone

Message 2 of 11

Re: scam $9.99 per month

I am a person from China.I can not speak fluency English.I forgot what I have done on the text.What can I do?

Message 3 of 11
Scholar

Re: scam $9.99 per month

when you call customer care ask  Language Line for all non-English and/or non-Spanish languages. The Language Line interpreter translates information and communicates the customer's response to facilitate the call

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 11
Former Employee

Re: scam $9.99 per month

You can remove it online yourself and request a refund here:

https://cingular-oac.qpass.com/oac/html/signin.do

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 11

Re: scam $9.99 per month

Thank you very much.

I have cancelled the subscription and refunded $8.7 from this website.
I am not sure if I can refund all money including last month.

Thanks again.
....
Message 6 of 11
Former Employee

Re: scam $9.99 per month

You're welcome.

Message 7 of 11
Tutor

Re: scam $9.99 per month

I also got this charge on my account.  I checked the website link mentioned in previous message and it does says that "subscription inactive", however how do I request a refund? Also how do I make sure they don't do this again to my account?

 

Thanks,

Aamir.

Message 8 of 11
Expert

Re: scam $9.99 per month


viperz4 wrote:

I also got this charge on my account.  I checked the website link mentioned in previous message and it does says that "subscription inactive", however how do I request a refund? Also how do I make sure they don't do this again to my account?

 

Thanks,

Aamir.



call customer service talk to them for the refund, then request a pruchase block on the line

Message 9 of 11
Contributor

Re: scam $9.99 per month

So being realistic here how do we get this taken care of because this happened to me also I just realized last month (i did not even originally notice it on my bill) It was some text with an immediate stop im finding out I still dont really know what it was other than 10 bucks out of my pocket.... How can we do this and get a refund for the scam charge without calling and sitting on the phone for an hour with att support .... (maybe it's getting better but personally I have had several terrible encounters with att service and prefer not to twitle my thumbs with the service department) Any ideas?

Message 10 of 11
Expert

Re: scam $9.99 per month


RachealB wrote:

So being realistic here how do we get this taken care of because this happened to me also I just realized last month (i did not even originally notice it on my bill) It was some text with an immediate stop im finding out I still dont really know what it was other than 10 bucks out of my pocket.... How can we do this and get a refund for the scam charge without calling and sitting on the phone for an hour with att support .... (maybe it's getting better but personally I have had several terrible encounters with att service and prefer not to twitle my thumbs with the service department) Any ideas?


put a purchase block on the phone, it is free and only takes a phone call. Calling is the only method, they will not automagicly refund a charge without investigation - no company will

 

What it was will be documented on your bill - how it started - obtaining a "free" ringtone, wallpaper, doing some "intelligence" quiz on facebook, answering a "survery" on facebook or twitter

 

Example -

 

http://www.myxer.com/terms/?loc=f

 

look at the terms of service - payment section, now they advertise "free" items

Message 11 of 11
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support