Explore & discover

Helpful Links

received call from att collection

Highlighted
Tutor

received call from att collection

My wife just received a call from someone that claimed to be from ATT trying to collect for a charge on "phone" , was not clear what the charge was for. We switched to Verizon 6 months ago ( numbers were ported) and final bill was paid. I have heard of a scams trying to do a "collection" type of activity.  How do I find out if this was an ATT person ? phone number was from Hayward, California 510 area code , or should I just report this to police as a scam call?

Thanks

Dennis

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by djm95032
‎01-06-2018 2:25 PM

Re: received call from att collection

It wasn’t from ATT, they don’t call to collect outstanding bills. I would just forget it. Unless you were actually defrauded, the police aren’t going to do anything.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 8
Tutor

Ok we reported it to ATT Fraud and security just so they know this is going on.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

I’m looking to contact someone about my last bill with at t. I went with sprint and they were supposed to pay my cancellation. Now I have a bill in collections. Who can I speak to about taking care of this?

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Master

@Ceralz wrote:

I’m looking to contact someone about my last bill with at t. I went with sprint and they were supposed to pay my cancellation. Now I have a bill in collections. Who can I speak to about taking care of this?

No carrier directly pays your final bill; they reimburse you according to the terms of the promotion. 

If you owe AT&T money, call billing and make a payment.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
Associated Member

@Ceralz

When you switch from one carrier to another you are still required to pay your final bill. No carrier pays the other carrier directly however provided you met all qualifications you are sent prepaid cards to reimburse the etf/installment balance. The service portion is not reimbursed just the equipment. Hope this helps. 

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 8
Tutor

The issue was us not receiving a final bill , not a paying issue.
Not expecting one carrier to pay off bill of other carrier.
At this point it doesn't matter, this will be what I remember when it
comes to AT&T.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support