Need help understanding your bill?
Javier559's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Saturday, May 14th, 2016 1:33 AM

"Not solved"Att lied about upgrading and free tablet then lied about unlimited data if i switched

I WAS CHEATED BY ATT REP TWICE.... First was when i upgraded my phone last year and was told in person face to face that by upgrading i will get afree tablet was so excited about the free tablet !!!!! Was told first bill would be higher then nomal due to new activation of new phone ... But bill showed activation of phone and tablet... Called att and they said you sighed a contract nothing we can do...so i had to pay for the tablet and sevice of tablet ..that was the first time they cheated and lied to me ....second was when they told me if i switch to there dish cable service i will get free unlimted data for my all my service... That was a lie... Got bill and was being charged 80more dollars ...how can they do this and get away with all this fraud and not be held accountable?? They want the money im trying to spend on my family and make us common people stuck with outrages bill . im stuck with the tablet for 2 years paid.full price and sevice of it ...they are liars unfair and offered a 25 $ credit as good favor.whats 25$ to paying a 2 year contract!!!! Thats like a slap in the face...

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Adding TV service with internet you get unlimited home data, otherwise it is capped, or costs an extra $30

Unlimited cell data is not free, but it may cost the same as your current plan, or less.  The first line is $100, each additional line is $40, the 4th smartphone line is free after 3 months (they credit back 3 months on month 3 )

The wording reported by others is "unlimited data at no additional cost" - which is not the same as free.  The rep is comparing a customers current plan to the unlimited offer.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Here we go !!!!!! Like i said the rep said free... The word free ... Was not qouting other people's bills..you guys seem to have an excuse for everthing or some sort of trickery with wording.. You guys need to stop false advertising and making false statements to get any money possible. I work hatd for my money and you guys worked even harder to steal my money this is a joke

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

"We guys" are fellow customers, we don't work for ATT.  

ATT employees are clearly identified of they post.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

You sure respond as att rep....

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

The terms and conditions of any free tablet offer will be in the paperwork. No company is giving away a $200-$250 dollar device for free without some type of catch. You had to either sign in store or verbally confirm the contract on a free tablet. This is how it is free. Agreement to use it on a data plan for 24 months. I understand this is frustrating but I would review the paperwork and the details from that day.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Not everyone reads fine print we took you guys for being honest he said that this is just stating what i just told you. Nithing more please sign and off you go.that was a big mistake... Liar

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Sales reps of all types use terminology that fluffs up the deal. "Today you can walk out of here with a tablet for zero money down", "How does a tablet for no cost today sound?!"

Saying something costs you nothing today and that it is completely free are two totally different things. In a retail store the signage next to every single device details the true cost of anything. The signs next to tablets will actually say the retail price and that they are free with 2-year agreement. The paperwork details everything about the transaction. It also informs customer of the return period to cancel without any sort of commitment.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

@Javier559 wrote:
Not everyone reads fine print we took you guys for being honest he said that this is just stating what i just told you. Nithing more please sign and off you go.that was a big mistake... Liar

You are signing a legal document.  You should always read before you sign.

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

@Javier559

I understand your frustration at this situation.  However, I have to say that there are some fellow customers, like myself, who have been reps for a cell carrier before and, therefore, have a lot of useful inside info to provide when fellow customers, such as yourself, need help with a situation.  Others, like @lizdance40 just have a heck of a lot of knowledge and experience dealing with cell carriers from an "outsider" standpoint and, therefore, have a lot of helpful info to provide for the same reasons I listed above.  Point being, we're not trying to make you feel silly by providing these bits of info, a lot of times, we're genuinely trying to help. 

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Like i said att gots all the right words to say ..and they do what they need todo to get u into there scam . and lie ing to you in your face is part of the tricktrick and scam . they need to held accountable for there actions..it would be one thing if i was the onky one but there are 1000s of us so hiw do you explain that.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.