Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 2, 2014
8:48:27 AM
View profile
paying for service you don't get
This is the worst experience with any company. I have had service with ATT since August 2013. Since our service began we get multiple dropped calls everyday. Our phones won't call out half tje time. When people call our phones we don'talways recieve the call but we will get the text and voice messages. I have used the warranty service center 3 times all for 1 phone the first time because the settings would not open the second phone after a few months the battery would not charge the third phone would not get service most places since the moment we recieved it and it would call 911 on its own so we sent it straight back then they tell me it had a crack in it and want me to pay 430.00 for the phone. I get crappy service and the explanation I get is a tower is down really for a year. I pay my bill on time every month for the worst service I have ever had and now they want me to pay for a phone that was brokem when they sent it to me. I am ready to just cancel my service with ATT and swit vv h providers.
This is the worst experience with any company. I have had service with ATT since August 2013. Since our service began we get multiple dropped calls everyday. Our phones won't call out half tje time. When people call our phones we don'talways recieve the call but we will get the text and voice messages. I have used the warranty service center 3 times all for 1 phone the first time because the settings would not open the second phone after a few months the battery would not charge the third phone would not get service most places since the moment we recieved it and it would call 911 on its own so we sent it straight back then they tell me it had a crack in it and want me to pay 430.00 for the phone. I get crappy service and the explanation I get is a tower is down really for a year. I pay my bill on time every month for the worst service I have ever had and now they want me to pay for a phone that was brokem when they sent it to me. I am ready to just cancel my service with ATT and swit vv h providers.

paying for service you don't get

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2014 12:52:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

yvonne2014 wrote:

If your problems have truely existed since the very beginning, then why did you keep the service?  WHen you joined, you had 14 days to determine if your new service would work for you, and if it wouldn't you could cancel the service and only pay for the service you had used.  You didn't do that, so you must have thought it wasn't that bad, or this wasn't happening since teh beginning.

It sounds like you had some defective phones.  I hate to say it, but being on the "bleeding edge" of technology sometimes means that you get devices that were really pushed to market before they were ready.  It's possible that is what happened to you, or perhaps the manufacturer just had a bad batch of devices that shouldn't have passed QA, but they still shipped out to customers.  In any case, that is more of an issue with the device maker, not the service provider.  Your device complaints should not be directed at AT&T but at whoever made the bad phones.

The last comment about the cracked screen is one that is hard to go on.  There are many dishonest customers out there who would ignore a cracked screen and expect the provider to do the same and just replace the phone for free just because they don't want to pay for their mistakes.  I'm not saying that is what happened to you are not.  It is also possible that the phone was damaged in shipping.  If that's the case, then it would be up to the shipper to cover the damages uner the insurance purchased on teh shipping charges.  If you shipped the phone back and did not insure the package, well, then you "self-insured" it and you are responsible for damages during shipping.  Damages in shipping is the big reason why I try to do all my warranty service in person at the appropriate stores.  That way, I can walk in with my device and the clerk can examine it right in front of me and tell me/show me that the screen is cracked when I hand them the device.  If they can't do it, then it isn't damaged when they received it and they are responsible for screen damages.  I remember standing in an Apple store watching a woman argue with a clerk that they should replace her son's iPhone for free, even though it had a broken screen.  The Apple warranty does not cover the broken screen, and she said that the phone wasn't woking for some other reason and that the sreen had no impact on the phone working or not, so they should replace it for the other reason.  The clerk tried to explain to her that damage that broke the screen was not covered and it was most likely the cause of the damage which made the phone not work, but she argued and yelled for over 15 minutes about how they were trying to cheat her our of her warranty.  In the end, she did not get a free phone.

If you are that unhappy with AT&T perhaps you should just cancel your service and pay any cancellation fees.  You will be much happier when you deal with another service provider and hopefully you will find that they will not be the same for you as AT&T has been.  I wish you luck in finding your "dream provider" out there, as I have dealt with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.  I have had my cell phone servie with AT&T for over 10 years now, even though I still have some service from each of the other carriers I've mentioned.  For me, there is a reaosn for this.  I hope you find the provider which meets your needs.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

yvonne2014 wrote:

If your problems have truely existed since the very beginning, then why did you keep the service?  WHen you joined, you had 14 days to determine if your new service would work for you, and if it wouldn't you could cancel the service and only pay for the service you had used.  You didn't do that, so you must have thought it wasn't that bad, or this wasn't happening since teh beginning.

It sounds like you had some defective phones.  I hate to say it, but being on the "bleeding edge" of technology sometimes means that you get devices that were really pushed to market before they were ready.  It's possible that is what happened to you, or perhaps the manufacturer just had a bad batch of devices that shouldn't have passed QA, but they still shipped out to customers.  In any case, that is more of an issue with the device maker, not the service provider.  Your device complaints should not be directed at AT&T but at whoever made the bad phones.

The last comment about the cracked screen is one that is hard to go on.  There are many dishonest customers out there who would ignore a cracked screen and expect the provider to do the same and just replace the phone for free just because they don't want to pay for their mistakes.  I'm not saying that is what happened to you are not.  It is also possible that the phone was damaged in shipping.  If that's the case, then it would be up to the shipper to cover the damages uner the insurance purchased on teh shipping charges.  If you shipped the phone back and did not insure the package, well, then you "self-insured" it and you are responsible for damages during shipping.  Damages in shipping is the big reason why I try to do all my warranty service in person at the appropriate stores.  That way, I can walk in with my device and the clerk can examine it right in front of me and tell me/show me that the screen is cracked when I hand them the device.  If they can't do it, then it isn't damaged when they received it and they are responsible for screen damages.  I remember standing in an Apple store watching a woman argue with a clerk that they should replace her son's iPhone for free, even though it had a broken screen.  The Apple warranty does not cover the broken screen, and she said that the phone wasn't woking for some other reason and that the sreen had no impact on the phone working or not, so they should replace it for the other reason.  The clerk tried to explain to her that damage that broke the screen was not covered and it was most likely the cause of the damage which made the phone not work, but she argued and yelled for over 15 minutes about how they were trying to cheat her our of her warranty.  In the end, she did not get a free phone.

If you are that unhappy with AT&T perhaps you should just cancel your service and pay any cancellation fees.  You will be much happier when you deal with another service provider and hopefully you will find that they will not be the same for you as AT&T has been.  I wish you luck in finding your "dream provider" out there, as I have dealt with AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile.  I have had my cell phone servie with AT&T for over 10 years now, even though I still have some service from each of the other carriers I've mentioned.  For me, there is a reaosn for this.  I hope you find the provider which meets your needs.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: paying for service you don't get

2 of 2 (104 Views)