For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
rickim5's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 24th, 2017 2:02 AM

I'm tired of all of the overage charges.

Why did I get a text this morning saying I was being charged another 15$ for more data when my bill says that my.billing cycle starts today? Getting kind of tired of all of the overage charges for such crappy and slow Internet services. Maybe it's time to find another carrier!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Data reporting is not real time and could be delayed for up to 3 days. In other words, the data usage that caused the overage could have occurred before your bill cycled, it just didn't get reported until today. Why are you still paying overages? You are on an old plan. None of the current plans have overage charges. If you don't switch carriers, you should consider switching plans.

Teacher

• 

31 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same problem, I have a plan that has "x" amount of data usage that is between two shared phones. I set up for "notifications" and it comes when I'a, like at 75%.  that is fine, BUT SOME 'MAGICAL' MEANS, I JUST SO HAPPENED TO USE .O1 MORE THAN MY "PLAN" AND THEY SOCKED ME WITH A $15.00 CHARGE.. ISN'T THAT 'COINCIDENTAL"????  TO ME IT IS ANOTHER REVENUE  RAISING 'TACTIC'.  AND UNACCEPTABLE@!!! SO OF  course I tried, the "chat" here is the copy of that conversation:

AT&T: Hello! How may I help you today?

Rome R: Hi! my name is Rome R. I'm happy to help. Can I have your name, please?

Me: I just viewed my bill, and i realize that you charged me overage for .01."overage" NOW ISN'T THAT 'CONVENIENT' ????? jUST HAPPENED TO GO THAT LITTLE BIT OVER AND YOU CHARGE 15.00 HERE IS WHAT i COPIED:

usage summary (May 02 - Jun 01)Number User Data (GB) Text ]CATHERINE GRAY ]CATHERINE GRAY 1.65 100 364Total usage 2.31 182 651Included in plan 2.00 unlimited unlimited*Rollover available through Jun 01: 0.31GB 0.31Overage 0.01Usage is rounded up based on your plan. For more details on your Shared usage summary, visit att.com/myusage.* Unused Rollover Data expires after 1 billing period or when you change your plan or account.

Rome R: I'm sorry. I got confused.

Me: i WANT TO KNOW HOW TO CUT OFF MY PHONE fBEFORE it goes over ?? without affecting the info/calls etc. for record. catherine
Rome R: Please allow me to read it carefully.

Rome R: What do you mean to cut off?

Me: "limit" usage>
Rome R: The limitation for usage?

Rome R: Is that what you mean?

Me: yes
Rome R: Thank you.

Rome R: Please allow me first to pull up your account.

Rome R: Thanks for your patience.

Rome R: As per checking the maximum usage that you can use is 2GB .

Rome R: This 2GB is sharable to your 2 active lines that you have.

Me: I GOT that, I want to "limit it to just that.. not thios $15.00 for .01 "overage" that I find ridiculous...and HIghly "convienent" to raise extra revenue for att
Rome R: I totally understand that.

Rome R: Normally you will receive from us a notification if the data is almost reached the limit.

Me: I KNOW THAT, I want to KNOW when (BEFORE) it hits "that" magic" ATT $$$!!!!
Me: Listen, this isn't going anywhere ( as usual) I can never get a straight answer, sao I will write a REAL letter to billing.
  So, my question again?  is there a way to "send you and alert/notification like an alarm when you are at that point??? before you go over....01  ( which by the way I don';t believe,. unless it is a "free" text' sent to me from Att ( you know the fine print that says.: " data fees may apply...blh, blh blsah, "  so did they merely send me some att notice.. that put me over??? I want to quit att... haven't figured out how?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@KG69

No carrier controls your phone.  Your conspiracy theory is unfounded.  

You're on an old plan.  You could have saved money if you changed to the Mobile Share Advantage plan when it was offered.  (3 gigs was $40 + $20 x 2 line fees = $80).  Your plan was $40 for 2 gigs and $25 line fees, total $90.  

You can break even now, get more data and have no overage charges if you switch to the Flex plan.

($50 data plan, $20 x 2 line fees)  

Login to your My ATT Account, select manage data plan.  It will show you current plans compared to your old price.  

Phones and apps will continue to use more data.  2 - 4 gigs is a recommended amount to budget.  2 gigs for 2 phones is not enough.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

You actually went over by .31 GB, you just had enough rollover to cover almost all of it.

If you call and ask nicely, you might be able to get a courtesy credit this month, since you only have to pay extra because of the rounding (from what I can see). That doesn't mean you don't owe for the extra data used, but if you're kind, someone might be willing to do a favor. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

SO I WAS USING THE HOTSPOT FROM MY COMPANY WORK PHONE. SO I ACAN WORK ON MY COMPUTER OR WORK RELATED . NOW THEY TOLD ME I CANT USE IT SINCE I OVER USED IT AND NOW THEY ARE GETTING HCARGE 15 MORE FOR 181 GIGABYTES OVER .  HOW DO THEY CAHRGE $15 X 181 SO THAT MEANS THEY ARE GOING TO PAY 2,715? BECAUSE I OFFER MY SLEF TO PAY THEM BACK , BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS $15 MORE TO THE BILL FOR OVER USAGE BUT THE BOSS IS SAYING OTHERWISE . CAN I GET PROPER ANSWER .

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am having the same issue currently... I have never had a bill for $1400 

i have talked w customer service 3 times now and no one can help with this issue. My account has now been suspended. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

This is a customer populated Forum not AT&T and not customer support. Due to covid shut down there was the option to have overages waived until June 30th.  Have you contacted AT&T about a waiver of overages prior to 6/30?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.