Explore & discover

Helpful Links

note 9 bogo phone access fee

Tutor

note 9 bogo phone access fee

I have a share data plan, with 3 phones on it.  i went into the store to ask about the bogo deal on the note 9, and verified with them my access fee would not go up from 15.00 each phone by getting the bogo deal.  I was told to get the deal, then after the credits arrive (3 bills or so) I could pay off the original line, and keep the phone active, and then keep the other line on the next program for the rest of the 24 month period.  I am still unsure if this is actually going to keep my access fees at 15.00 and I am afraid they will go to 40.00.  At 40.00 per line for the new line and the original line, I will end up paying more than half of the cost of the phone (600.00 in increased access fees for the new line, and 75.00 for the original line before I can pay it off).

I need to find out for sure if my fees will stay the same, and if I can safely pay of the original line phone once the credits arrive.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Sage
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Sage (ACE - Sage)
Accepted by lizdance40
‎08-13-2018 5:09 AM

Re: note 9 bogo phone access fee

Your access fee is actually $40 with a $25 discount for not using a 2 year subsidy contract.   Since ATT does not use contracts any more you don’t have to worry.  

The Mobile Share value plan was structured this way to provide a discount if we used Next installments rather than subsidy, discount priced purchase. 

(I upgraded in March and it did not effect my $25 discount)

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Tutor

Thanks.  My only concern was buy one get one where I have to keep the phone active on the service for 2 years to get all of my credits.  I just wanted to be sure that would not be a 2 year agreement that would remove my discount.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

What are credits? Nothing about that was explained to me.

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Sage

@ShirlJean wrote:

What are credits? Nothing about that was explained to me.

If you are eligible for a phone promotion like the Buy one Get one the requirements to get a credit applied against the installments are posted on the sales pages att.com.  

Here is a sample BOGO offer:   https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Wireless-BOGO-Jan-March-2019.pdf (PDF, 294KB)

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support