For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
jdzlw95's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Sunday, September 9th, 2012 3:46 PM

late payment in family plan

Hi, I am a member of a family plan started from August 2011. 

Because of some trouble inside the 'family', the account had some late payment during the past year.

Now my questions are:

1. To open the plan, each of us paid $500 deposit. Will these late payments affect our deposit?

2. Will the late payment affect our credit? Whose credit will be affected, Only the holder's or all the members'? Does the AT&T have information of the members?

3. Will the credit history recorded inside AT&T system be reported to credit bureaus?

Please help me with these questions, Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

the transfer of service can only be done if there is no past due balance owing on the account, the deposit for each line would be refunded if there is no deposit required, If they do report anything it would be on the account holder not the users.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@jdzlw95 wrote:

Hi, I am a member of a family plan started from August 2011. 

Because of some trouble inside the 'family', the account had some late payment during the past year.

Now my questions are:

1. To open the plan, each of us paid $500 deposit. Will these late payments affect our deposit?

2. Will the late payment affect our credit? Whose credit will be affected, Only the holder's or all the members'? Does the AT&T have information of the members?

3. Will the credit history recorded inside AT&T system be reported to credit bureaus?

Please help me with these questions, Thank you!

1. the late payment and extra charges will be removed from the deposit - although not sure which one, it will also affect the upgrade eligibilty date of all members of te plan

2 / 3 not sure if they report, if they do it would probably only be on the primary account holder

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.