For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
JohnPaulC's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 18th, 2018 8:22 PM

irregular AT&T Payments (charges)

I have auto pay for my account (Wireless phone). Why is it that AT&T was charging me on January 1st, Feb 1st, 3/01, 4/01, 5/0, 6/01, 6/18, 8/01, and 8/18 ???  Obviously the 6/18 is applied to JULY (7/01) and 8/18 will be for September (9/01) but where does AT&T come off doing such a thing. They are taking money from me before I have used the service. Kinda using me as a loan.....by taking my money before they have a right to it. Is this somewhere in there Terms of service??? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

Do you read your email from ATT?  I’m thinking you skipped this one.

6917BF4C-C83E-4E91-A439-29B9A3BA3A8F.jpeg

You can change the date back by switching your payment method to debit or checking 

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

Read your bills. If your original due date was the first, your billing cycle runs from approximately the 11th of one month to the 12th of the next, and you paid toward the end of that cycle. Your June 1 payment was for May 11 to June 10. After the change @lizdance40 mentioned, your June 18 payment was for June 11 to July 10. Your August 1 payment was for July 11 to August 10. August 18 is for August 11 to September 10. 

The fact that that you paid on August 1 instead of July 18 is definitely strange, but doesn’t change that you pay for one month with each payment. 

Again...read your bill.  It would have told you all of the information I just did. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My bill for for July says issue date 7/12 to be billed with Autopay on July 18, which did not happen so I became confused. Perhaps a hiccup in their system. The June dates were appropriate as the change occurred then. Thank you so much for your excellent answers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.