Need help understanding your bill?
jackgil's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 2nd, 2017 5:25 PM

ipad data

why am I being forced to buy additional data for my ipad when I have 15GB's of data left on my phone plan. I've been a customer for 20 years and I am sick of getting stuck with bogus charges on my already ridiculously expensive plan. This wil be the final straw. I'm done with att.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Is your ipad on the same plan as your phone? Sounds like its not and is on a stand alone plan. The number of years you have been with at&t doesnt affect how you have your plan laid out.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Agree with @Anonymous, if you are needing to buy more data for your iPad, it must not be sharing data with your phone. What data plan do you have on the iPad?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Ditto.  My iPad shares my existing plan with a $10 line fee only.  Did you put the iPad on a data only  plan?  

Call ATT and add the line to your plan with a transfer of billing responsibility or adding a new line (which they will charge you an activation fee of $45.  Try to avoid it)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

Sounds like a seperate plan.  FYI, I don't even pay the line fee for my iPad, I just tether to the phone for free and use it's data.

@jackgil Why don't you share your ridiculously expensive plan with us and get some cost saving suggestions!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I just did this - purchased two mini iPads with two data only $10 a month lines - and will probably have to pay the activation fee x two. I haven't seen the bill yet. I also purchased two new iPhones. I'm not happy about it but when your not familiar with the fast double talk, that's what happens. Sometimes I wonder why I stay with them. Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.