Message 2 of 6
Tutor

Re: Texting

No we are on a family sharing with 4 iPhones
Message 1 of 6
Community Support

Hi @CTT1025!

What type of device is being used on the line that isn’t showing up? Are they using a third party messaging app?

Thanks,

Alison

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by (Former Employee)
Accepted by ms_unicorn
‎01-22-2016 12:54 PM

@UV1234

iMessages between iPhones will not show as text messages on your myAT&T usage, because they are encrypted data messages through Apple. When sending iMessages, you will see "Int/MD" on your usage instead. If you would like to only send text messages (SMS) so that you can see the sent/received usage on your myAT&T account, please change your iPhone settings: Settings > Messages > iMessage (toggle off.)

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCares and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
Contributor

Just to be clear. There will be no phone numbers/time/dates or any kind of representation as to who the messages are going to and who they're coming from?
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Expert

@GottaKnow For iMessages, no. iMessage is an Apple system. To ATT, iMessages are just data.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support