Need help understanding your bill?
karlvsdauniverse's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 28th, 2009 6:08 AM

Closed

iPhone Credit Check

I just tried to buy a 16gb 3GS on the at&t website, but it said I wasn't qualified because of my credit score. I don't even think I have a credit score since I have no credit card and my phone right now is a pay as you go Sidekick Slide. Anyway, I closed out of the at&t page and went to Wells Fargo and saw there was a charge from at&t for $1.00 that was pending. Is this a fee/ charge from the credit check they ran?

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

14 years ago

They place a hold for $1 on the account to verify the bank account is active.  It will be released and placed back into your bank account for you.  It is only temporary.

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

14 years ago

You can also visit your financial institution and find out more about your credit score and on improving it. If you never signed up for a credit card, they can assist you on starting one up as it is a good idea to have one in "emergency" cases such as out of gas or car towing. Plus you need to start building credit to actually have a car too. Lock your credit card in a safe deposit box if you are worried about using it for things you don't need and you would need one to pay for iTunes anyways if you are buying like crazy off of the system.
Message Edited by josephz2va on 11-28-2009 07:44:28 PM
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.