Need help understanding your bill?
Daveuk100's profile

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 6:04 AM

iPhone 7 $650 trade-in - device received but my credit shows as $150 ?

Hi all,

I went through all of the steps at https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1180261 and used the FALL2016TRADE promotion code to trade-in my unlocked (perfect condition) iPhone 6 for a iPhone 7. As expected, the trade-in value was shown as $0.00 when I applied.

I received my shipping materials from AT&T and I sent the trade-in iPhone 6 to them with tracking + signature required. I just checked the status of my trade-in today and it says "Device Processed", but the trade-in value now shows $150 !!!!

I hope that this is some kind of mistake or sick joke, because the FALL2016TRADE promotion led me to believe that I would be receiving a free iPhone 7 thanks to a credit of $650. Has anyone else had this same experience? Can anyone confirm if this is normal or if this means that there has been some mistake with the promotion failing to get applied?

Thank you,

Mentor

• 

69 Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L I brought my phones into a corporate At&t store... did not mail in. I was not able to track the progress of the trade in online. About two weeks after I dropped them off I was on a call with customer service about another issue and had the rep check. She was able to give me the progress.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

For those wondering about whether you had to buy direct from AT&T to get the credit:

I bought direct from the Apple store online using the ATT Next option.  My trade-in was completed by mid-October.  I have just started receiving the credits (Nov 14).  Two credits (about $27 each) were posted to my account as of today.

Also, I mailed in my iphone 6.

Guru

• 

367 Messages

7 years ago

I bought the phone mid september.  it was received oct 1.  i am still waiting for any credit.  i've called 3 times and just keep getting told it takes time, but no one really seems to know the status.  this is getting.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@mdembski wrote:

I bought the phone mid september.  it was received oct 1.  i am still waiting for any credit.  i've called 3 times and just keep getting told it takes time, but no one really seems to know the status.  this is getting.

When AND where did you turn your iPhone 6 in?

I turned mine in at a corporate store at the end of October and the credits already showed up yesterday (3 weeks).  I did message them from the trade-in status page, that might have helped bump it a little(?), the credit was there 48 hours later (coincidence?).

Guru

• 

367 Messages

7 years ago

It was mailed in.  I ocmpleted the trade in form online.  I have provided ATT the tracking # and they have verified it was received but it appears to have been lost since then.  I was told I should have received an email acknowledgment and never have heard anything from ATT.

Guru

• 

367 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry forgot the date.  I was received by ATT on October 5.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@mdembski wrote:

It was mailed in.  I ocmpleted the trade in form online.  I have provided ATT the tracking # and they have verified it was received but it appears to have been lost since then.  I was told I should have received an email acknowledgment and never have heard anything from ATT.

That might cause some delays, but if you've got your shipping reciept from the post office I'd think you'll get it worked out.  Can you let us know how it goes? 

FYI, I never got any kind of acknowledgment from them (other than when I dropped it off) that they got it, evaluated it or were giving me the credit until I saw it in my att.com account.

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

Agreed, I never received any confirmation either (just the AT&T trade in page updated to show trade-in received and the bogus $ amount). 

If you want to move things along, you can try tweeting @attcares on twitter and eventually one of those guys will DM and probably call you (they called me) to discuss it. They didn't seem very knowledgable, but they at least gave me a in-writing (via DM) message saying that I would definitely receive the full credit in 1-3 billing cycles. My credits are already showing up now.

Guru

• 

367 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, I have tweeted ATT @attcares but haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks for the help.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I mailed back I phone 6 to the return label that came with my iPhone 7, I don't know what to do!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.