Need help understanding your bill?
Daveuk100's profile

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

Sunday, October 2nd, 2016 6:04 AM

iPhone 7 $650 trade-in - device received but my credit shows as $150 ?

Hi all,

I went through all of the steps at https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1180261 and used the FALL2016TRADE promotion code to trade-in my unlocked (perfect condition) iPhone 6 for a iPhone 7. As expected, the trade-in value was shown as $0.00 when I applied.

I received my shipping materials from AT&T and I sent the trade-in iPhone 6 to them with tracking + signature required. I just checked the status of my trade-in today and it says "Device Processed", but the trade-in value now shows $150 !!!!

I hope that this is some kind of mistake or sick joke, because the FALL2016TRADE promotion led me to believe that I would be receiving a free iPhone 7 thanks to a credit of $650. Has anyone else had this same experience? Can anyone confirm if this is normal or if this means that there has been some mistake with the promotion failing to get applied?

Thank you,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

7 years ago

Hey folks - same here. My phone trade-in was completed around Oct 1st and I just checked my account online and I have multiple credits applied. When I login at att.com it shows on the left hand side of the account overview:

"You Received a $21.67 Credit

The credit will appear on your next bill"

I have 3 of these messages displayed (traded in a iphone 6 16gb) totalling $65.01 in credits which will be applied to the next bill. I'm not quite sure how this will look moving forward, but it's good to see that something is happening...THERE IS HOPE!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Daveuk100 I hope it's a mistake because I'm planning to trade mine in for $650 too.

If not, I'm sending my iPhone 7 back.

• When and where did you purchase your iPhone 7? 
  • You used Next?
  • You made sure it had no passcode?
  • You definitely turned off "Find my iPhone" before sending it back? 

The materials when I signed up said After all credits ($21.67 or $27.09 a month) get an iPhone priced at $650 for free. There is zero mention of getting less than $650.

Other documentation since then has said UP TO $650.  

But technically, it could be "up to" if you left the AT&T early people would not be getting $650.

I suppose it's feasible that number is irrelevant to the process of getting credit on your bill, but they really needed to tell people that or there is going to be a whole lot of panicky people. 

I've only had mine for one day and I'll be sad if I have to send it back...

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

I purchased the iPhone 7 direct through the AT&T website (pre-order) and it is on AT&T Next. The iPhone 6 device I sent them was in perfect condition and had been reset (icloud removed first, no pins). As far as I can tell, I met all of the criteria and I used the FALL2016TRADE promotion code.

Before the phone was received, the trade-in status website showed my trade-in as $0.00 (which is expected according to the promotion guidance). USPS tracking showed that they received my phone on Wednesday of this past week, but the trade-in status site did not show any updates until today. Now it says "Device Processed" and the value changed from $0.00 to $150.00

My hope is that this is similar to the $0.00 oddity and it's just that the trade-in website doesn't understand how to reflect the value of the FALL2016TRADE devices...but this definitely has me worried. I wanted to see if *anyone* had seen the trade-in status page show $650 for their received device? The website is: https://tradein.att.com/#/review-your-status

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

From what I have been told from an AT&T rep, if the phone meets the requirements, you will receive the full $650. The trade in receipt shows those amounts but those amounts do not apply to the FALL2016TRADE program.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@kdfederer wrote:

From what I have been told from an AT&T rep, if the phone meets the requirements, you will receive the full $650. The trade in receipt shows those amounts but those amounts do not apply to the FALL2016TRADE program.

Yeah, but someone official needs to send something out or post something.  

There isn't anything official to clarify this  and with those words "up to" that have cropped up AFTER many of us made our purchases it needs to be made clearer sooner (and not 3 months down the line).  It would be nice to point them to something official that says that this is "normal".

And we know that it's what's in writing that counts... 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

Did your shipping stuff Come in mail or did att just email a print label for you? What did it say? Did you have to pay extra for tracking ?

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

My shipping stuff arrived in the mail about 5-7 days after I applied for the trade in online. There was a usps first class label provided, but no insurance or signature requirement. I wasn't willing to send my phone back without insurance, so I paid extra to add the insurance+signature and sent it priority mail instead of first class. These are expensive phones, so I wouldn't recommend sending them without good tracking or insurance.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Daveuk100 wrote:
My shipping stuff arrived in the mail about 5-7 days after I applied for the trade in online. There was a usps first class label provided, but no insurance or signature requirement. I wasn't willing to send my phone back without insurance, so I paid extra to add the insurance+signature and sent it priority mail instead of first class. These are expensive phones, so I wouldn't recommend sending them without good tracking or insurance.

That's smart.  All my labels in the past were "Smart"Labels and have no destination address so doing that was never an option.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you, thats helpful. I still haven't gotten my shipping box after it said within 2-5 days. To make matters worse, I traded 3 phones so its going to be a hassle getting credits for those 3 phones. All my phones are in excellent condition so they better credit $650 for all. 

Keep us posted on how much credit you get, please and thank you!!

Mentor

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Thankfully the labels which AT&T is using for these trade-in's are regular first class labels with the delivery address displayed 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.