Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Friday, December 2nd, 2016 9:11 AM

iPhone 7 $650 missing trade in credit

I participated in the iPhone 7 trade in promo in September on 2 of my lines. I have all my paperwork from in ATT store where they kept my iPhone 6's and did the trade in using the FALL2016TRADE promo code. The credits are still not showing on my bill. Is there a phone number for this program? The online chat agent says I need to go back to the store which we all know is a 30 minute wait and they will just direct me to an 800#. Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

I got my credits in just under a month, but I traded in a store so that may get a different response time.

The tracking says it's made it to the destination?

I can't imagine them being able to help you in a store.

I've successfully contacted them at https://tradein.att.com/#/request-help

and gotten a response in 3-5 days from both the status and the help options.

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution".

This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Thank you! I traded mine in store also to help expedite things and from what I understand the store didn't finish the process on the backend.  Apparently there are steps that have to be performed after the customer leaves, even though I was given a receipt and said "all done!".  The good news is I used Twitter and was contacted my a Social Media Customer Service Rep.  This agent was extremely knowledgeable and actually wanted to help fix the problem.  I snapped her pictures of my receipts and she has now fixed everything on my account.  The credits were even backdated.  Thanks for sharing the help link.  I looked everywhere on the website before posting this and I guess I just overlooked it.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No credit for me despite repeated calls to Trade-in program support. Everytime they tell me that I will receive an e,mail in next 2-3 business days. No email, no call back and no credit. This is happening for last 3 months, since Nov Thanksgiving, 2016. AT&T should be ashamed their customer support.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

i phone 6 plus was part of bogo...i had same issue..which was very hard to expain..but tried very hard to get my credit. it took me 3 days ...i spend amost 2 houre with atnt chet. and finaly they understend and gave me my credit......first they give me lots of bull*** excuse...but i finally convence them....so if you havent got the credit..try hard as much as you can..

hope you like my ans....

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@teju1010 wrote:

i phone 6 plus was part of bogo...

No it was NOT.  The iPhone 6s Plus was eligible.  The iPhone 6, 6 plus or SE were NOT part of any of the BOGO from December 2015 to up to now.  

Every BOGO offer was printed online.  It very specifically lists the 6S or 6S plus.

IMG_4904.PNG

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, I finally tweeted them and received a response from a super AT&T
Social Media Customer Care Associate. She did tell me that unfortunately,
whatever happened the store didn't process this correctly. However,
because I had saved all my receipts from what the store gave me, I took a
picture and sent them to her. She told me to give her 1-2 business days
but she would fix everything correctly. The credits are now showing on my
bill each month and they did go back and credit everything from the date of
my receipts as well. Always save the receipts until everything starts to
show correctly on your bill!

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous   Good for you, and yes, save your receipts, tracking slips etc. they can help a lot.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Can you please tell me how or who you contacted on Twitter that assisted you?? I am unsure how you got to a person 😞

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

I just tweeted the AT&T handle that I had a billing problem with my iPhone
7 trade in credit and someone responded. Then I had to DM them to verify
account information. It took a week or two but they handled it. I had my
receipts where I sent it in so that helped them a lot track down the
issue. Good luck!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Anonymous wrote:
I just tweeted the AT&T handle that I had a billing problem with my iPhone
7 trade in credit and someone responded.

Can you please be specific which AT&T handle?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.