Need help understanding your bill?
MH1983's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2019 6:50 AM

horrible and lied customer services

I went to AT&T retail store to upgrade my device

sales  person  offer me a promotion if I get another device and cost more then $700 I will get $700 off .

so I want to be clear I said  if I get XS I will pay $900 for first one and get $700 off for second one .so  I have to pay $300 .

sales person said you will pay $10 each month for 24 months .

after first month I see my bill no credit . I called AT&T and tell representative my situation.

lie #2 representative said no you have to do payment for 3 month and following next 3 month you will get credit for first 3 month

I wait until 4 month still everything s same .I called again I spoke to manager on phone .she said you have to stop by to store and talk to the

manager .I went and they said there s no promotion at the time you were here .

ending up paying 2 device full price $1800  

I am think now to switch over to T-Mobil or Verizon 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks lizdance40 

now I have proof 

I was right . I will go to court filling small claim . 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.4K Messages

5 years ago

Which can take months 

File a BBB complaint first, they might fix it right away.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

My husband & I were misled & lied to about the acct for Direct TV that was set up for us fraudulently, when we tried to cancel this service AT&T doesn't want to help in any way and is trying to pursue a $480.00 early termination fee for an acct that we did not want in the first place, so my next step is the BBB and if that doesn't help I will have an attorney take care of this matter. AT&T doesn't care about how accts are set up and are not willing to help you in any way they are only interested in the money that they can make off of you. I will never use or recommend AT&T EVER!!!!!!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

AT&T is a joke. We had the internet service for about 2 months and canceled because it was not offered in the town we moved to. I called and canceled and I was told to take my router to a UPS store. I did just that and they kept sending me a bill for service and for the router... the service was terminated! And the router wasn’t in the house! So how would we have a service charge?! And they also told me they did not receive the router.. when I took it to UPS they told me to keep the paper I they gave me because AT&T will day you didn’t return the router. What do you know? That happened... the paper UPS gave me did not have a tracking number because they do not use it to send the router back to AT&T ( I told the women AT&T customer service woman exactly that) she was terrible to me ( horrible tone and acted like I was stupid) and she told ME to call UPS. I did, they said the same thing they told me the first time. The next time I called I talked to another representative, he told me he would cancel the bill and I would not receive it again and apologized. I said please make sure there are notes on this because I have been told this before and still received the bill.. he said he would. I got another bill ( I have received bills since June! And we were moved into our new house by June 1st! And I called and canceled in May and paid what we owed!) 

I was called again about the router stating they didn’t have it, I sent them the picture of the paper UPS gave me and suddenly later that day I reviewed a confirmation that AT&T got the router ( magical)

Well here it is, October.. got a bill from AT&T AGAIN with a final notice stating they would send it to a collection agency ( and I have fantastic credit!) so instead of being on the phone passed off to other people for 2 hours that all say different things, I just paid the bill. 
I will never, ever use AT&T again, they lie and no one seems to know what they are talking about. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T has been providing horrible service. We haven’t had internet service is almost a month. We were first told it was a facility issue and we waited 2 weeks for it to be resolved, but in the mist of all of that we were never notified until we called ourselves

Fast forward to today, we had an appointment at 9-11 am, we called a little after 9 as was told it was a delay and someone will call 20mins prior to coming. Never received a call, now it’s 2pm, we call back and were told someone made an attempt. Made no sense, we sat home all morning no one never called or showed up, didn’t even leave an attempt notice on door.

We called around all afternoon and was told the earliest appointment would be next Monday because the appointment was cancelled.

I asked For next day, due to the fact it wasn’t our fault for the cancellation. And they only stated they can’t move someone else’s appointment or work anymore over time. How is this possible when they cancelled ours without notification

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

AT&T has been providing horrible service. We haven’t had internet service is almost a month. We were first told it was a facility issue and we waited 2 weeks for it to be resolved, but in the mist of all of that we were never notified until we called ourselves

Fast forward to today, we had an appointment at 9-11 am, we called a little after 9 as was told it was a delay and someone will call 20mins prior to coming. Never received a call, now it’s 2pm, we call back and were told someone made an attempt. Made no sense, we sat home all morning no one never called or showed up, didn’t even leave an attempt notice on door.

We called around all afternoon and was told the earliest appointment would be next Monday because the appointment was cancelled.

I asked For next day, due to the fact it wasn’t our fault for the cancellation. And they only stated they can’t move someone else’s appointment or work anymore over time. How is this possible when they cancelled ours without notification

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

4 January2021

To:  AT&T Corporate Office

Subject:  DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER

Around October 2020, my wife and I decided to convert over from Comcast to Direct TV.  A representative from your AT&T phone division came to our home and offered us a phone service if we cancelled and transferred to AT&T.  The offer seemed reasonable and at a better price so we decided to switch over not without asking questions.

1. Will the phones be equivalent to the ones we are relinquishing to you
  2. Why do we have to give up our phones that we are paying for, to receive the 2 from you
  3. Will we be penalized by T-Mobile for switching over

The answers we received were:

1. Yes the phones will be as good as the Galaxy 20 you are giving to us
  2. That’s the way this works in order to receive the discount
  3. No; no phone service provider can penalize you from transferring service from one company to another

1. Since we’ve changed services the phones the two phones we received are not comparable, poor reception, drop calls, while talking can’t hear, the camera takes has poor visibility on videos and photos.
  2. The phones cost much less than the ones we surrendered to our representative
  3. We just received a bill from T-Mobile for 1530.00 dollars which we cannot afford to pay by the 6 January 2021

I reached out to your representative and explained the situation to him and he talked to his supervisor and they came up with a plan that we can’t refuse because of we need to change out these poor quality phones.

The deal they came up with will give us 2 new phones Galaxy 20 just like the ones we gave to them and another 150.00 towards paying T-Mobile.  But with the 2 new phones they’re giving us we have to pay for one and the other is free plus we have to stay with AT&T.  Which means we are still out of pocket for the $1530.00 which still puts us at a great disadvantage.

We would never have signed up for this service had we known it was going to cost this much and to add another thousand dollars onto our bill; this is unacceptable. 

We are both seniors and retired on fixed income.

I told your rep that this is unacceptable and we would like to have our phones back and continue with T-Mobile as they would waive the 1530.00 dollar penalty.  He said they cannot do that the phones have already been turned in.

We would appreciate your attention to this matter and hoping you can help resolve this issue.

Note:  The rep was suppose to be here today to change the phones out at 11am.  He was a no show and I finally got in touch with him and he says he cant make it today (Edited per community guidelines) be here tomorrow.

How can I send a letter to the corporate office ,as I don't see anywhere on the website to send it?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

3 years ago

@kward3676

1. "As good as" is a subjective measure. Of course a salesperson will say their product is the best! If you're having issue with poor reception and dropped calls, that could be AT&T's service and not the phone. 

2. Promotions require a trade-in.

3. You were not penalized for switching carriers. The rep was very careful with their words in saying that is not allowed. However, if you had any outstanding installment balance on the phones purchased from T-Mobile, that would have come due immediately. That's not a penalty, just what you owed for the phones you bought. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have a similiar problem!! I called about trade in values on 3 phones- 2@ $350 and one at $700.  I bought a phone 50%off and got that, but they are now telling me I don't get the value of the trade ins like I was promised!  so instead of one free phone and two discounted phones at $4 per month.  I have 3 phones for $17/mo EACH!  I am so extremely disappointed! I would have never ordered three phones at the same time if I had known this!  I specifically asked how much my bill would be and the guy told me WITH credits and 50%off it would be one free and 2 @$4 per month! I have been with AT&T many years, bad form sales guy, bad form...  I wish I had requested the call be recorded now. Fortunately, I can return the phones, but now my kids will be upset with me and I have to return there new phones they just got to use today. ONE MAD MOMMA!  There have been a few instanced now that have made me want to switch carriers... maybe its time!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.