Need help understanding your bill?
proudwife2013's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 4:07 PM

furious with AT&T want OUT of unified billing!!!!!!

As a previous long time of customer of AT&T I felt confident when I got married last year the best decision was to simply do a name change on my new wife's AT&T already long time existing combined bill.  At the end of December 2013 we did the name change and added a line to the wireless portion of the bill.  we were PROMISED THIS WOULD BE A NAME CHANGE NOT A NEW CUSTOMER!!!! That decision wound up being the beginning of a nightmare!! our first bill was over $700 and took several hours of frustrating phone calls to get lowered. My wife has spent at least 2 hours on the phone every single month trying to get this nightmare corrected!!!!!  The first two months required over 10 hours of phone calls of her being belittled, degrated and spoken too like garbage. It obviously does no good to repeat back  the terms of contract before agreeing upon the terms of a verbal contract with AT&T when AT&T feels they can simply say sorry you were misinformed of the rates yet you MUST pay them anyway.  That is a breach in contract and according to AT&T's own terms and conditions grounds for a customer to end service with no fees.  

on December/14/2013 my wife and I spoke to a reptresentative name Eric employee #[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.] who promised to keep the Uverse package of  the contract at about the same plan she already had.  since that package was no longer available he said we would have Uverse 300 PLUS FREE HBO for 2 years NOT a 3 month free period BUT confirmed twice by her repeating it back free for 2 years at $104 a month + $7 for one receiver = $111.00 a month for two years for Uverse. we were told the contract would have wireless 2 iphones paying a one time fee of .99 cents for each for 2 iphone 4 but my wife was transferring over her iphone 5 from previous contract that would be insured  and a basic phone for her daugter total wireless bill with 300mb of data = $100 a month.  If this was not enough data we could simply call in and have this increased. This was not enough data and not simple as were charged overage each month because no AT&T rep could figure out why they could not change our data packag.  Turns out we were in new department called unified billing and the reps had never heard of it. After several hours (over 40) of getting nowhere finally in March we went to local wireless store for help.  Finally getting help after that stores manager and assistant manager was equally frustrated with not having ability to fix bill.  We finally got it at 1gb of data for now $120 a month. But in just a few weeks a customer service rep stated we would be better of with 2gb of data for $25 on each line vs $40 on each line making our bill $110 before insurance and tax.  I am also a Lowe's employee and am supposed to receive 20% discount on wireless whicn nearly every rep has a different story as to how or what that 20% is applied too.  Even though I have applied on line twice for this by providing my employee email address and we submitted 3 months of paystubs to the manager of the local wirelss store we DO NOT RECEIVE MY DISCOUNT!!!! 

We were originally promised a total bill of $211 a monthe +insurance and tax.  We are now supposed to be paying $231.00 + tax.  Yet  we just payed a few cents away from $318.

Once again my wife called me at work in tears about how she was degrated, belittled and treated horribly by AT&T unified billing department.  The math speaks for itself with Uverse charges totalling $135 (which are still higher than promised in contract) we were billed after tax $182.00 in wireless yet the unified billing wants to completely ignore anything my wife has to say and stick with their rude and incorrect demands that the $30 contract agreed subtraction of fees is in there and she just can NOT see them.  I am ABSOLUTELY APPALLED over the way my wife is spoken to and treated when she calls!!!  I am disgusted with the lies that have been told to both her and I.  We have asked numerous times to have phone calls pulled proving the amount stated in verbal contract which has yet been done.  We have provided the employee ID #s given to us that assured us we would get what were promised yet we are told its impossible for them to find employees by employee ID.  I want out of this contract and over the weekend I found enough proof that we are not getting contract at amount that had been promised, we are not getting my employee discount, and we are not getting wireless with 2gb of data for $$110 promised.  The unified billing ONLY looks at the fact a lot of credits have gone on the account every month and it is late. We usually do pay late because we tried paying full amount in past after being promised it would make next bill almost nothing to make up for paying about 2 months of service.  Since AT&T never did that either we have chosen pay after we get amount close to what  we owe.  But we have paid every single monthe!! yes a monthe or two we only paid about $180-$190 but we also had months of paying over $500 in one month. I dont understand how they can expect a customer to believe this garbage of all fees are correct we just wont see credits when simple mather proves otherwise!!!

why cant my wife and I be treated with respect? Why cant we disconnect service and go to a much more reliable company when your compnay can break your end of contract whenever you feel like it. Please just help set the straight!! Let us out of contract or keep your end of contract and charge us what we agreed on and change us to anything but unified billing!!!Thank you for your time, Neil ***

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Why can't employees at 2 different AT&T stores or anyone on the phone upgrade my phone?  Should be simple for a company like AT&T, right?  Apparently not.  I guess if you have something called "unified billing" no one can do anything at all to upgrade your phone, or fix the problem.  6 hours of my day down the tubes.  But the plus side is that apparently, in the process of attempting to upgrade my phone, someone canceled my existing service plan and started charging me for a plan I didn't want.  Isn't that awesome?  

I don't say this lightly, nor hyperbolicly: AT&T has given me the worst customer experience I have ever had.  The worst.  I wish I could just talk to someone who is authorized to refund my bill, or at least apologize on the company's behalf, but no one seems to be able to take responsibility or authority.  (I've been on a 10-minute hold for 40 minutes now, trying to talk to someone.)  Unless something changes today, I'm done with AT&T.  There's no need to go through this.  The worst.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Unified billing has been the biggest customer service fiasco I have ever experienced.  It really is awful, considering none of the employees seem to be able to handle a unified billing problem.  Get it together, AT&T, and empower your employees to help your customers.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

Agreed.
Wireless customers are unable to enter into new phone purchase contracts with Next unless the separate the bills. D. U. M. B.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been with AT&T for the past 12 years and I have never experienced "customer service" so confusing and crazy. I have spoken with over 7 different people over the past two months and I am still witting with a $672 bill after sitting on the phone for over 10 hours total. By the way did I mention that I only have wireless service and nothing to be "unified". I am absolutely over AT&T after 12 years as a loyal customer. Goodbye!! Heading to the Verizon Retail company right now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

ATT fail.....miserable experience.  I have tried for YEARS to get my bill combined, or at the very least set pmt date close together.....they cannot get it done.  Hours of my life I'll never get back.  ATT losing three wireless customers AND Two Uverse accts (parents that I pay for) over a simple request that I can pay this company once a month instead of twice, two weeks apart.  You can't pay a bill early, website won't allow it or let you schedule it.  Of the 40 some companies I deal with, ATT can't figure out how to administer a program they advertise.  Epic FAIL.  This forum won't even let you edit...why should I not be surprised.  

Run, as fast as you can....and if you are shopping for service, stay away from ATT!  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

9 years ago

@Msswal

You do NOT want combined billing.  The payments don't get credited to the correct account, you can't make changes to either, move, cancel, upgrade phones.  It's a disaster.  I recommend splitting the bill if it is combined to prevent this mess.

set up auto pay with your bank or credit card.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This sounds like my story. Forget about getting them to charge you what they promised, the same each month. File a complaint with the FCC. That's the only way I got my bill straightened out. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am experiencing the same problem wasting my time trying to separate my accounts since no one its able to help me out I rather cancel all my services 

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

8 years ago

Cannot agree more. I too am a long time AT&T (yes even Cingular) customer for no other reason than I get a good discount through work. I am also a Directv customer and when I heard about the aquistion I knew AT&T was going to ruin Directv, especially their customer service. And yes I unified my bill and am so sorry I did. 

None of their customer service people ever provide the same answer to the exact same question, my billing is now all screwed up and as much as I love Directv I am afraid enough is enough. I don't know if there is enough unhappy people that will make a stand and leave AT&T for them to actually try to make improvements instead of investing in creating more revenue but count me in. It's truly amazing a publicly traded organization the size of AT&T is so inept at the simplest of tasks

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

This problem is officially epidemic.

The problem is known.  The solution elusive.  I am adding this thread to the pile on customers service lap.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.