vikasamin's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2011 3:18 PM

downgrade plan - rollover & contract dates

Hi ,

I want to downgrade my plan  which provides me 1400 minutes/month -

to a plan that is less then 800 minutes/month.

I have some question and it will be nice if  you can help me .

1) I have 4000 minutes in rollover , will they be carried forward ?

2) will the contract date change/extend when ( my contract ends in 1 year )

3) I also have iphones and want to start using normal phone can this be done both at same time

my plan is : FamilyTalk Nation 1400 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited M-to-M

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

13 years ago

Spoiler

Hey 🙂

1) no...you can only carry over the number of minutes that are in the rate plan (for example if you go to the 700 min plan you can carry over 700 RO mins for a total of 1400 mins)

2) No your contract date does not extend 🙂

3) yes you should be able to downgrade your phone just make sure you have the phones that you want to change to with you so you can have the rep change the IMEI in the system and take off the required data plans so it will save you some money.  hope this resolves  your issue 🙂

Also you didnt say that you were going to the store to do this but I would reccomend just doing it all over the phone :).  it would probaby be faster and more convenient plus its all really common customer care stuff that you need done so you shouldnt have to wait or get transferred :)...honestly sounds like about a 4 minute (tops) call as long as you have the phones and imei in front of you :).  Also to get the IMEI you punch in *#06#.

actually...come to think of it you can do all of that at att.com.....just make sure to future date the rate plan change so you dont get billed prorated charges.  Good luck!! Sorry that was so scattered but i hope it helped!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

thank you very much for the information ,

you have been very helpful

thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

is this true... I have an iphone currently (i think im under contract) and i want to downgrade to a basic phone/calling plan...

WIll there be any added fees or do i still just call and theyll port everything over for me... 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

13 years ago

@smastre wrote:

is this true... I have an iphone currently (i think im under contract) and i want to downgrade to a basic phone/calling plan...

WIll there be any added fees or do i still just call and theyll port everything over for me... 

the only additional charge will be the data plan, this is required with a iphone

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

What if a different phone is used? I'm thinking of upgrading an eligible line to the iPhone 4S, downgrading that line to a normal phone and using the iphone for a different line that's currently not eligible.  Is downgrading possible right after buying a new phone (or even getting rid of that line - yes, I know i'd have to pay the early term. fee)?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.