Need help understanding your bill?
lolpete's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 8th, 2018 4:53 AM

data history log

i would love to know what my kid is using data on is there anyway to check?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

Only on his phone.  Data use is private.  Att has vague categories, but it’s very inaccurate.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

You should also know that ATT has been secretly overcharging us for years on Data usage. For example, if you go under Settings and WIFI ASSIST is turned On, this also uses your Data unnecessarily. The ATT rep couldn’t tell me what this was, but said, if on, it pulls your data 24 hours straight so they are charging  us.  I have found these issues to creep up  every year between October and December when ATT is trying to raise their year end sales. We are simply being overcharged as they find internal ways to charge us. If they had an interest in being good customer service stewards of OUR money, they would simply notify ALL customers that having Wifi Assist turned On is just raising their cell phone bill through increased data. The television commercials are correct, ATT is  not truthful about their customer charges. For example, you may think you Bill will go lower once your phones are paid for.  Not at all  — they mess with your bill and retire your plan so that your monthly bill continues to rise or don’t be surprised when several of your family phones just stop working from their end, leaving you no choice but to just purchase your child a new phone. Stay tuned, the tide is about to change first quarter 2019.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Disappointed4us wrote:

You should also know that ATT has been secretly overcharging us for years on Data usage.

They don’t secretly do anything.  Your data use is on your phone and in your 

MyATT app.   Your conspiracy theories are a fabrication of an uninformed mind.  

For example, if you go under Settings and WIFI ASSIST is turned On, this also uses your Data unnecessarily.

That’s not how Wifi assist works, which is on all Apple devices, it’s not an At&t feature.  I have a cellular iPad and Wifi assist almost never shows data use.  Learn how and when it works.   

The ATT rep couldn’t tell me what this was, but said, if on, it pulls your data 24 hours straight so they are charging  us.   Complete nonsense.   That’s not how it works.  

I have found these issues to creep up  every year between October and December when ATT is trying to raise their year end sales.   Again, nonsense.  Considering all plans in the last 3 years have zero overage charges, this is just ridiculous to suggest.    And also wrong.  Most people report they incur overages during summer months when they travel and have no Wifi.   

We are simply being overcharged as they find internal ways to charge us. If they had an interest in being good customer service stewards of OUR money, they would simply notify ALL customers that having Wifi Assist turned On.  Again, Apple feature, it’s up to you to know how your device works.  

is just raising their cell phone bill through increased data. The television commercials are correct, ATT is  not truthful about their customer charges. For example, you may think you Bill will go lower once your phones are paid for.  More nonsense.  Installments added to a bill mean its higher.  Once paid off, it’s lower.  This is 2nd grade math anyone can see on their bill.   

Not at all  — they mess with your bill and retire your plan so that your monthly bill continues to rise

More nonsense.  My plan is retired and I keep it because it’s lower priced.  A couple bucks in admin fees when all carriers went up is hardly enough to whine about. 

or don’t be surprised when several of your family phones just stop working from their end, leaving you no choice but to just purchase your child a new phone.   At&t doesn’t make phones.   They aren’t responsible for kids harsh treatment of electronics.   I have kids.  They don’t take it seriously that they should drop the phone, until it quits working.  Been there.  No one else’s fault but the kid.  

Stay tuned, the tide is about to change first quarter 2019.

What a load of horse hockey.    No carrier controls your phone.   

Data use is entirely on you and the phone.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.