cancel account/service

Highlighted
Contributor

cancel account/service

Hello My wife opened this account on July 19th or 17th. Yesterday she was in a really bad car accident. Now she is on life support and they're not expecting her to make it through the weekend. I am trying to close up all of her accounts but i am not authorized on her att account and i think per the att policy tomorrow is the last day to cancel the service without them charging any early termination fees or her estate if she doesn't pull through. Can anyone help me. Any information would help. Thank you
Message 1 of 2

Re: cancel account/service

@Leporcha  wrote:
Hello My wife opened this account on July 19th or 17th. Yesterday she was in a really bad car accident. Now she is on life support and they're not expecting her to make it through the weekend. I am trying to close up all of her accounts but i am not authorized on her att account and i think per the att policy tomorrow is the last day to cancel the service without them charging any early termination fees or her estate if she doesn't pull through. Can anyone help me. Any information would help. Thank you

So sorry to hear of the terrible tragedy that has befallen your family.

Unfortunately, due to it being the weekend I doubt you will get anyone on the phone that can help you with your problem. If you knew the passcodes your wife used when setting up the account, you could do it yourself, but as you are not the actual account holder, if you don't have the codes, you will need escalated assistance. Not to mention you could be looking at an extended, and frustrating, phone session with multiple CS reps.

Is it a wireless/smartphone account? If so you might be able to take the phone and all the paperwork back to an AT&T Store, and they might be able to help you there. This would be the only way to get it done by the deadline for cancellation, which I believe is 14 days.

You can send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you in two to three days to help you get a resolution to your problems.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

Personally, I think you have enough to deal with at this point, I would send a message to the escalation team, and let them help you with this on Monday or Tuesday. I think you will get the help you need from them.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support